Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling so down

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Depression and Coping
I just had my spinal fusion L5 S1 3 weeks ago and I am just feeling so depressed. I feel like my head is going to explode. I do have a history of depression as in the past I have had some depressive episodes that were treated with medication. Nothing like what I am going through now. My episodes are so vivid that they scare me.
I am not having much pain as far as the surgery is/was consired but this depression that I am going through is starting to impeed my relationship with my husband.
Any support would be appreciated. I do see my MD today maybe he can get me back on track. I hate having to cry my self to sleep when I am happily married to my husband.

Some one hug me please!

• Hi -- sending you a big hug - I agree with Eve -- I'm sure your doc will fix you up today -- you've had a physical and emotional assault on your body due to your surgery and pain killers thrown in to boot -- try not to play into how you're feeling, if you can busy yourself with some little chore (just some diversion to rest your mind).

Once you get some corrective meds from your doc, rest up and let the days pass, you WILL start to feel better. Call on some supportive friends for conversation -- send out the SOS and grab onto a lifeline.

Hang in there! Take care,

• It's not uncommom to feel a bout of depression following surgery. I agree with Judy, talk to your doctor about it. You may just need a little help to get you through this tough time until you adjust.

Hang in there, let us know what your doc says, ok?

• That it is not uncommon to have depression after major surgery like I had. They refered me to medication management team that I will see next Mon. Aug 3rd... Thanks for all the supportive comments please keep them comming I have never felt this down before.

Hugs back to all
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sure you'll soon get to feeling better. Whenever you need to talk/vent just get on here and we'll be here for you. I know how it is to get depressed. We all do. Everyone here has been so helpful to me and I'm sure they will be to you too. Feel good!