Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe Pain after Spinal Fusion

kyapupkkyapup Posts: 54
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is Donna, I am new to this forum and also relatively new to the computer, so please bear with me. I really need to speak with others who feel the way I do. My quality, or I should say lack of quality of life has me extremely angry. I was also very active, I was in the Roller Derby when I was young (I just aged myself) then had jobs that were physical, Sheriffs Dept., Bodyguard, Bouncer and finally for 12 yrs. a school bus driver.I was always in good condition as is my 75yr old Mom.
Due to a person running a red light, I eventually had to have the fusion.L4-5,S-1. I had a wonderful dr.and healed fast and well enough to return to work for three yrs. As a single Mom I needed to. But the pain got so bad I had to go on disability. Now I am having numbness down my left leg which causes me to fall if I don't have my cane. I am on Lortab 750 4x day. it hardly touches the pain. My M.D. wants me to go to Pain Mgt. Does anyone think it will help? I am at a point where all I do is sit for a while, stand, cannot take trips longer than an hr, in my car. And forget sleeping! Sorry to go on so long, does anyone have any advice, for my mental or physical woes? Thanks, Donna

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. glad to have you here!! <:P we have plenty of patience so don't worry about that!!! a good pm might be just what you need.they offer a wide range of pain medications, nerve pain meds, as well as your injections and other options for you.. :? a gp is not really as learned as a pm is about these things.. i think your doctor gave you a great suggestion, now it is up to you to find a good one.. :D good luck and i look forward to seeing you around the forum. :D Jenny :)
  • My pain management doc understands pain a lot better than my pcp. He has more patience and worked with me for a long time to figure out the right "cocktail" to manage my pain. The olny problem with my pain management doc is that initially it took 6 weeks to get an appointment when I felt like I was dying. Good luck to ya and I hope it gets a little easier for you soon.