Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need help with your posture to alleviate your pain?

PostureLadyPPostureLady Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I suffered with debilitating thoracic and neck pain. My pain was from whiplashes and sitting at the computer all day. I saw ortho's chiro's, massage and physical therapists. The relief from pain was mild and I exercised to strengthen my back, but still pain! PT taped my shoulders to try to improve my posture, but (working at the computer) I would end up slouching! I was desperate to alleviate the pain so I invented a garment that comfortably holds my shoulders and spine correctly. If this sounds like you, please check out EDITED. I am reaching out to help free people of pain and enhance their life! EDITED first product a bra and a brace combined.

Standards agreement and posting rules
Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Edited by moderator paulgla

• Of an episode of Ally McBeal where one of the cast members was inventing bras for everything you could imagine.
  • The one with the "man bra"?

OY. Some people.
  • The "man bra" Seinfeld episode: In Seinfeld Kramer and Mr. Costanza argued over whether it should be called the "Bro" or the "Mansierre". LOL

I've seen every Seinfeld episode at least a dozen times and have all the episodes on tape, along with a book that tells the history behind each episode.

Here's some Seinfeld trivia: You know how Kramer runs in to Jerry's apartment all the time? Well, it didn't start that way. In the third or fourth episode, Kramer missed his cue and had to come running through the door. It got such a big laugh that he kept doing it throughout all future episodes.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Two years ago when I was in Physical Therapy for my Thoracic problems, the only treatment that made me feel better is when they put tape (Criss Cross) on my back, starting at the shoulders and bringing it down hard to my lower back. That forced me in a better position, more upright and it took pressure off of my spine.
    I used that tape (would last about 1 week) for about 15 weeks. After that my skin was getting too irritated to pull off the tape.
    My doctor suggested the 'bra' like thing. I went on the Internet and searched for them. There were hundreds of different types, all claiming to fix your back, and they all worked on the same principal.
    I purchased a man version($45) it almost looked like a sports bra, but it had more straps. I used it for a day in the house, put a shirt on and said
    "No way am I going out into the public and someone seeing bra straps on me!"
    Needless to say I did not wear it afterwards

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Oh, PapaRon, that really cracks me up! Wouldn't it be funny if you went out to a restaurant with that thing on, ran into a friend and they pulled the back and popped you one? That would be something I would've done back in the day. Like yesterday. LOL

You didn't mention that it was painful to pull the tape off, so I have to assume that, unlike my hubby, you have no hair on your back.
  • I just threw up a little in my mouth...
  • Paul, ROFL!!! I didn't realize that they made the manbra so pretty, with flowers, polka dots and pink straps. Ooooooooo.....

PapaRon - you might want to chime in here to protect your honor...
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Here are some views

Rear View:

Front View:

Now after several months, this new view:

I love science
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Just read through these posts...thanks for all the laughs!!Sitting here in so much pain and needed them greatly!!! You guys are great! Sorry they were at your expense Ron!! ;)
  • Oops I mean PapaRon. I had a question but totally lost it when I saw the pic.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN