Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SapaSSapa Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi everyone,

I have Fibro, herniated discs, and apparently the beginnings of osteo-arthritis. I've been having a really hard time lately. My Fibro is really bad, I'm in so much pain all the time, and sick all the time. And I just feel SO depressed! :( :-( I don't know what to do with myself.

I've had Fibro for at least 20 years, and have been dealing with the disc herniations for 2 1/2 yrs, but have had back issues all my life.

I am able to work full-time, but I get laid-off every summer. Which is good, because I really need the rest. I`ve been off for about a month now, and I just cannot get motivated to do anything. All I want to do is nothing at all!! And I`m already totally dreading going back to work. I just feel like I can`t hack it anymore. But I have to work - we just can`t swing it financially now for me not to.

I just feel so overwhelmed right now for some reason. I`m so depressed, and always in so much pain and so tired all the time. I can never sleep well.

I don`t really know why I`m posting this, except that I guess I need to vent, and think that people here will understand. I`m not usually so self-pitying!!

Thanks for ``listening``!

• hi....i'm sad that you are going through this bad time. i've seen those bad days too. i guess my first question would be are you doing anything different that might have caused the recent trouble like a change in meds?
    also have you noticed in the past that when you were not working you were depressed?
    sometimes fighting an infection can make a person feel low.
    in the past have you lifted yourself up by some
    i have been down like you. the pain alone can cause it. no sleep can do it. endocrine problems can be a factor...what do you think?
  • Hi Pete,

Thanks! I'm really not sure what it is, but this year has been a bad one. I have other close friends with Fibro, and they've said they were really bad this year too. Summer is usually better, so I'm not sure why it's not this year.

I usually just try and take my mind off it, and wait for it to pass. Just having a hard time doing that right now! But I'm sure it will get better soon.

Thanks for replying, and listening.

Take care,
  • i know what you mean about the weather. i live on cape cod and its rainy spring here ....not really summer.
    i sure hope you feel better. it's always good to call a friend...or take a little trip for a change of scenery. sometimes just being in the sun helps.
    hope it goes away......pete
  • I have DDD and arthritis. I have hypothyroidism, asthma, ulsers, and just had surgery on a crushed nerve and a pinched nerve in my neck. I also have lower back issues that aren't as bad. It is just not fun. I also need to see a doc because I'm wondering if I have fibro myself. Some days are Ok and other days I want to shoot myself. I'm numb on my right side, can't feel, and tired all the time? This is not fun but know that you are not alone.

• What you're going through is really hard. I'm sorry you're feeling so blue right now. Have you spoken with your dr about it? I too have suffered with depression my entire life and was diagnosed with fibro about 10 years ago. After my PLIF in Jan, I was diagnosed with severe vitamin d deficiency. It seems to be connected to so many issues that are finally being studied. Two of these issues are depression and fibro. Although it was a long haul, I did finally start feeling better after about 8 weeks of taking a vit d prescription. I'm not saying this is what you have, but it certainly is worth talking to your dr about. It's diagnosed through a simple blood test. A great resource worth checking out is the Vitamin D Council at vitamindcouncil.org. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Best wishes,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    What diagnostic tests have you had and what was the results? What is the treatment your doctor is setting up for you?
    What medications are you currently using?

As you can see, I have a bunch of questions. It is always towards your benefit in providing as much detail as you can. Then that will make it easier for other members to respond.
    We can all related to dealing with pain, but since we really dont know your complete situation, we can only guess.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com