Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Because I Care...

TTLCTTTLC Posts: 876
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Matters of the Heart
Because I care... I am going to share.

Had I not been reading through the Back Surgery and Neck Surgery forum, I would have missed this update on Charry.

Charry is always helping so many people, myself included.

I love this gal and my heart is becoming so heavy with wanting to lift her up and give her the love and support she needs right now.

Please read her recent reply to Janetatum:

"I'm sorry you're having so much pain now. Please make sure you're getting enough nutrition for vitamins and minerals. It can change the way you feel. I'm discouraged right now also as a Rehab Consultant is coming to my house next week as they want to get me ready to go back to work in 6 months. I can barely walk, I can't understand how I'll get back to work when I can't stand to do the dishes even. I feel really discouraged and thoughts like what you're having have passed though my mind. Try to hang on it's still early in your healing process. There's always hope love. It does feel good to vent and hope you're getting enough rest. Call your Dr. to get some more pain coverage or something to help your relax. Live just for the day and true that distraction like C has mentioned can help also and music can be so comforting. Hang in there and remember the distress line is available 24/7 and even talking to someone for a few minutes may help. Take care. Charry"

What Charry is facing next week is a major development.

I say this with the sincerest of heart... you will be in my daily thoughts and prayers, Charry. It would be so wonderful if this Rehab Consultant turns out to be a blessing rather than a hindrance. I know that is hard to imagine right now, but we can always hope.

Do you have any details on how this process works? Does it involve Physical Therapy, etc.?

We are here for you and want so much to support YOU... in any way we can.

I'm munching on a Reese's miniature cup right now. I know it's not the good kind of chocolate that you eat, but maybe one day... I'll graduate up to the kind you eat!

Take good care over there,

Tammy >:D<

• :* Tammy, thanks so much for your post.

Charry, you're in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome with your rehab counselor (whatever you want it to be). You are a courageous lady with a big heart.

Take care,

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    I feel so good when I see a member that understands the values and objectives of Spine-Health and then they do the right things to help others.
    That is such a good trait. If we all thought that way, then perhaps this world would not be in some of the ware turmoil we are in.
    I have watched Charry so often, because her posts make so much sense. And to be recongized by another member, that is even better.
    Its easy to spot the trouble makers, its hard to recognize the better people.
    Tammy, you are defintely one of our stronger and more compassionate member, thank you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you Tammy for the update on Charry.

Charry--you are such a wonderful person. I'm praying the Rehab Consultant helps you and is the blessing you need. Many prayers and hugs for you. I hope you are on the road to less or no pain soon. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< Love you girl
  • My thoughts are with you as you begin something that I hope can help you and be a positive in your life. You have been so supporting to me with all my issues that I have had, and I want you to know that I am here for you 24/7 for you if you need even a shoulder to lean on. Hang in there girl, and know that I am thinking of you! Huggsss >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • we spineys love you and are behind you. no matter what you go through know that we are thinking of you,,,

and tammy...thanks for the update...
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise as Tammy said. Keep the faith. You have been such a help to me when I needed it. I will be here for you as you've always been for me and many others.

Thanks. You're a true friend to all.

• Just wanted to see how last week went for you.

Whenever you get a chance, please let us know.

We think the world of you and we want to support you through this.

Much love and many prayers to you,

P.S. Our Spiney family is great and I'm so thankful to each one of you for the support you give! It's a nice feeling knowing we have so many here... that we can talk to anytime and most of all... you truly do care. Such a warm feeling, you know? :*
  • charry,so sorry to read of your troubles. :''( you are always so warm and open to all of SH spineys and that includes me!!.. :D i hope you know we are all rooting for you and the right doors will open for you.. :D L, Jenny >:D<
  • I have always read your posts and wish you the best of luck too! Take care and good luck!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    We are here for you as much as we can be. Just trying to give back a little of what you have been giving to everyone here.
    Take care...
    Thinking about you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The Rehab Therapist is a Kinesiologist who just interviewed all what I've been through since my back injury last February 2008 and last worked around Feb 9th. She will get back to me after I see the NeuroSurgeon in October. I told her everything my Dr. has told the insurance company already. I guess they were hoping I would be back to work at the 2 years mark when I will lose my job. Nice they keep my job for me but a shame if I can't rush myself to get better by then. They were saying I could become a wardclerk, that would be nice but I can't sit and I can't file and I can't stand more than 3 minutes unless I'm walking which is no further than 50 feet without resting. I also take cymbalta 120 mg as well as Lyrica 150 mg, muscle relaxants that make me drowsy and can't concentrate as well as MS Contin 120mg/day. She then said there is a small chance I may never be able to work as RN's can't take narcotics while working. Same thing my Dr. said. I'm glad for the hint of keeping my heating pad on and not cleaning which I was going to vacuum but I get very sore for days on end after. Thanks for your support everybody here. I'm relieved it's over for now. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • you may not be physicaly working your butt off at the hospital but your heart logs in about 80 hours a week here and it doesnt go unnoticed...
  • Dear Charry,

Thanks a bunch for the update. I am glad to hear the interview went well and you didn't have to vacuum. I haven't attempted that task yet. I've been able to load the dishwasher, do some laundry, sweep a little bit...etc.

I can relate to the "not knowing" about returning to work. I have wondered about this several times. I miss my job so very much and keep in regular contact with my supervisor. The company had to fill my position, but they have assured me that I can come back to work... when (or if) that time comes. The majority of my work is sitting behind a computer, participating in telephone conference calls and occasional presentations. Like you, I cannot imagine being able to physically perform my job and it's nothing compared to the physical aspects of what nursing involves. My position involves working closely with our Financial Department and problem-solving HR issues. There is no way I could produce any kind of spreadsheet, let alone think clearly enough to problem-solve employee paycheck discrepancies, etc. I have a hard enough time telling my son where I put a pair of our scissors. I've always "talked" with my hands when I speak, but when we are heavily medicated... the hands don't even work. "The scissors are next to the... the big box... you know, the thing that we keep the milk in? The kitchen... look in that drawer next to it... I put them in there." There is no way I could effectively communicate. Then, I have the memory loss thing going on. Someone will ask me a question... I will start to respond... then half-way through my reply...I will forget what the heck they asked me! LOL.

How have you been feeling? I am very much attached to our infrared platinum heating pads. It provides me so much comfort and relief. I went to get my hair done and took it with me. There's no way I could have sat through the time consuming highlighting foils and reshaping, without it. It had been 9 months since I had my hair done and I was there almost 3 hours. The most painful part of it all was when I had to lean back to have the foils removed and have my hair washed. My neck hurt really bad, but I knew I was close to being done... so I gritted my teeth and endured the pain. I wanted to get my hair done way before that time, but there's no way I could have sat through it all. Before I got my hair done, I was wearing a straw hat everyday. As much as I like that cute straw hat, I was really glad to hang it up and have my hair under control. (It was baaaaaad).

Any hoo... I think of you often and hope you are doing okay. Take good care and please let us know how things are going.

Hugs to you,

Tammy >:D<