Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Summer fun wearing you out???

4jkasper44jkasper Posts: 231
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Sleep Problems
I don't know about all of you guys but trying to entertain the kids every day so they're not bored is wearing me out!!! It sounds aweful but I can't wait until school starts.... LOL
I gotta say we did have fun yesterday I took my 2 kids and each had a friends and of course the 3 dogs up river to the beach. They all had a blast, I did too but today Iam exhausted.... The dogs played and played.
What has everyone else been doing for summer fun????

• i noticed nobody posted to your post. does that mean nobody else is having fun?
    today isnt the best weather on cape cod...drizzle and fog.
    i would think if you take kids and dogs to the beach you wouldnt have to entertain them. they could have fun and you could look on. make sure they dont do anything stupid.
    my fun lately has been riding to the general store for a cup of coffee with my 27 yr. old daughter. she rides a bicycle and i ride a moped. she runs into the store for the coffee and i sit and relax.
    well this sept. the kids will be back at school and youll be thinking...oh i wish the kids were here...we'd have gone to the beach today!
    have fun....pete
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    I love the summer! I love the strong sun and love those mid high temperature days. I am a 85 degree person with 0 humidty.
    Theres always so much to do during the summer. We live in a Private Lake Community, so we can use our Golf carts to drive around the area. We have about 180 families living here. 9 hole executive golf course about 500 yards from my house, my boat sits in a slip about 300 yards from my house, a private beach about 200 yards from my house... All the toys and fun I want. (though, I can no longer play golf - Cath111, if ever come out east, I will sign you in as guest for you and your husband to play our course)
    To me, waking up in the sun, going outside, mowing the lawn, looking at the flowers growing and then heading down to the water. Getting on our boat and just slow cruising. I have a pontoon boat, cause the days of fast driving and water skiing are over, so now, we have our living room on the water.
    When my wife (Pat) comes home from work, I will have some dinner and cocktails prepared so we go down to the boat, take a slow ride, shut the engine off and just enjoy the water and sun.
    Fun.... Summer means Fun

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • well, Jeanette with a gang like that you should feel atleast alittle worn out! LOL! my pleasures are really simple this summer. :? a walk along the bay, :D laying in the lounge chair in the early evening, ocean breezes.. :X sitting in the grass at the park and listening to the municipal band. a trip to the dog beach to watch Sirius play and then a nice, cool shower. :X a Sunday nap with only a sheet on!! :D i love the summer!!! :X the older i get, the more i love the simple pleasures in life!!! :D >:D< >:D< Jenny
  • Hi Jeanette,

I know exactly what you are talking about! I am 43 with a 4 and 7 year old. Awaiting a second fusion this winter, and recently diagnosed with Lyme disease (the fatigue is killer). My kids have been pretty patient with me. I've been sending them to camp, occaisionally, when money allows.
    About once a week my Mom comes over and sometimes we go to her house, too. I have a lot of craft projects for them to do. I feel guilty that we aren't doing more things, but like you, I pay for it the next day. I'm just glad that we had 2 mini vacations at the beach in June, before the "wet season" hit NJ this year.
  • I have had the best summer! I've been blessed with a new home that keeps me very busy, an incredible visit with fellow spiney member Liz, visits with other spiney members Cyn, Eve and Glo, and yesterday a family reunion! I have more visitors coming in a couple of weeks and a beach trip. And, I may be meeting up with member Ruth in Nova Scotia. I'm having more pain but definitely more fun this summer, the best one I have had in a couple of years! All this despite the monsoon weather here in Maine.

Ron, that ride on the pontoon sounds right up my alley, lol..........