Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

JKDE302JJKDE302 Posts: 348
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Fibromyalgia
the,fact i had that with neck and depression / attention problems makes me wonder if i have Fibro..

And my mom has TOS...

• Medical science can't do anything for Fibro other than treat the symptoms. The anti-inflammatories and anti-depressants and muscle relaxers used to treat spine issues are the same remedies used for Fibro. I think the only difference in treatment would be to undergo Trigger Point Release therapy. You might try it & see if you feel better.

• I applaud you for listing these numbers. On this board we read many people who cannot get approval of their insurance company to cover needed surgery, people without insurance, people who have lost their jobs, & people who still live with terrible pain on a daily basis. Who's to know if these people feel overwhelmed, or shameful, or guilty that they are no longer able to care for their families. Sometimes people feel that they are a burden on the family, and some might think that they're worth more dead than alive, i.e. life insurance. Pain & stress can do strange things to people. Maybe making that call doesn't releave the pain, but a person can still get comfort, and possibly be pointed in a direction that can offer relief/assistance in the other areas. Keep up the good work.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    felt it was important enough to post those numbers. There are a number of responsible members here who do the same, as well as the moderators.

JKDE302, I guess I really cant understand why you objected. This is a extra service that we try to cover all of Spine-Health with. If you still have a problem with it, please contact me offline
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I should let JKDE speak for himself - but I don't think he was taking "issue" with it. He was merely questioning how "talking about it" would help. I've questioned that myself.

It's been my experience (after calling one of these lines 5 years ago) that they don't *just* talk about it. They scan for your phone number, get your address, send the police, and lock you up in a psych ward for a 3 day minimum.

They take your medications & personal affects away from you, force you to join group therapy, give you your meds ONE at a time (ie. won't give ibuprofen AND vicodin at the same time - you can argue all you want that you're familiar with your pain and what it takes to get ahead of it - they won't listen) - so you suffer more physical pain...while withdrawing from nicotine if you're a smoker.

At the end of this *wonderful* experience.... they send you a bill for $1,000's of dollars for your *lovely* stay. If you weren't serious about killing yourself when you called...you might be by the time they're done with you.

AND for the amusement of your utter-total-disgust - you can listen to the "long timers" (juveniles) sit around a table and compare which of them has the most slash scars on their wrists...because it's all some kind of an attention getting game to them. You'll want to PUKE.

Bitter? You bet your sweet bum I am.

Stupid? Not anymore.

Advice? Don't call a suicide line - go to the ER instead for a stronger pain med (maybe anxiety med too) to get you through your darkest hours...and help you to think more clearly.

That's how "it is" in OHIO, anyway.

• A Rheumatologist is the most qualified medical professional to determine if you have Fibromyalgia or not. It may be worth your while to see one if you wish to investigate it further. You can PM me if you'd like - but I'm kinda radical.

The depression can be from your *circumstance*. It could also be caused by one of your medications. The attn problems could be from meds as well. It's been my experience that depression causes attn. problems. Have you talked to your doc about it? Questioning meds with your doc (first) would be less expensive than seeing a Rheumy (to start with).

Hope someone else can answer your question instead of completely changing your original post into a different one about suicide phone lines.

Very Best Regards,
    and just being bitter.
    May I suggest in the future you keep to the objectives of Spine-Health.
  • I guess you had to "be there".

Truth isn't always pretty.

Highest Regards,
  • Entire reply removed by moderator paulgla. Inappropriate.
  • Back to the thread topic..

Anyone else out there have TMJ at anypoint in life followed by neck pain years later?
    formal warnings will be sent out and this thread shut down.
    It seems that sometimes newer members forget what the forum rules are and choose not to follow them.
    This does not seem to be the case for people who have been here a while