Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS trial is Monday after reading posts here i am scared to death

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Pain Management
all these horror stories.. maybe i will just not show up and cancel.. i sure dont want more pain...

• Ohhhh, that's one of the worse aspects of forums such as this. Before I had my fusion, I had read others' stories for about three years. I was so prepared for it to be the most horrendous experience that I ended up being pleasantly surprised!! It turned out to not be nearly as bad as I was expecting.

I hope the same thing happens for you. ;)
  • There's nothing to fear with the trial. Just let the doc know that you are a bit anxious and he/she will help you out. If you have chronic pain that is difficult to control, then it's worth doing the trial to see whether or not it will help you.

There are many success stories with the SCS. Most people who have success generally don't stick around here once their pain is being managed.

PM me if you have any questions. I have an SCS and have had it for 15 months now. I wouldn't have a life without it.

• ahh its is over so far it is wonderful!!!
    as for the procedure when they were feeding the lead they kept running into scar tissue, this cause cramping /pain in the buttocks... thet Dr would stop and readjust once he said hang in there were alomost there.painful but bearable..
    thanks for your responses deeply appreciated.it nice to know i am not alone..
  • i'm the guy they tried for two hours unsuccessfully to do the trial. drs said they could implant the scs without a trial. for weeks i mulled it over, rather scared about it. one day i woke up, had a few cups of coffee and decided to go for it. when youre in constant pain and you have something that will help, at some point in time you have to overcome your fear and try to move forward rather than backward
  • Hi. I just got my permanant implant. I know it can be daunting. I didn't know what to expect so I created a blog that follows my whole experience from beginning to end. I have pictures of my back afterwards, pictures of the stimulator, info on what happened to me, what treatment I have tried, what treatment worked, info on actual stim etc. I really put down everything that I wished I could have found before getting mine done. You can read it at EDITED

And by the way... I am happy I did it.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Edited by moderator paulgla

• I have an appt. on Sept 17 for my trial. The more research I do, the less inclined I am to go through with it. My understanding is that the SCS is designed to reduce radial pain primarily in the extremities. Although I have that problem, it is not nearly as bad as the lower back pain. I've had one laminectomy and one fusion (same location L5/S1). Seems that the SCS is not really designed to relieve that localized pain. I would like to hear others' comments on that part.
  • Several promising sounding posts from people that say they are getting coverage on their back pain.

Seems that as time passes they are developing new leads and programming that get better results.

You would be best served to talk to your doctor and find out what he is planning. As a note, I have one precutaneous lead in my cervical area. With programming I can get stimulation from my shoulders clear to the tips of my toes on both feet. There is a lot that can be done now. Not saying it will work for you, not saying it won't. Just that it might.

EDIT: before making a judgment from this post, view wdwgranny's post scs threads!