Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow is the day!

khumphkkhumph Posts: 106
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
After so many months of waiting it is finally here! I go in tomorrow morning and a touch of nerves has begun. It really hit when my wife started to cry last night (which she does not often do). I am more worried about her having to deal with my surgery and recovery than I am about the procedure.

I believe that I have prepared about as much as possible and I am ready to get this part of the journey overwith. The part I am not looking forward to is the next month or so but short term suffering is a trade I am ready to accept.

I will try to post on my successful surgery in the next few days (if my wife lets me take my laptop to the hospital), otherwise I will post this weekend.

I appreciate all that I have learned here to prepare me for what to expect with the surgery and especially the recovery.

• I am scheduled for lumbar fusion this Wed. My nerves are starting to unravel a little. I'm the one who has been teary a few times. My husband is being stoic and has been a source of strength and reason for me. Despite his broad shoulders, I too am concerned about the stress on my family. I have tried to get as many things done before surgery to make it easier on them. We are lucky that we have loving family members to care for us. Our families and our on-line spiney friends will be sources of great support and inspiration for us both. Good luck and I will be thinking of you and your wife.
  • Thanks to all of you for your words and support. Like I tell people "I don't need good luck, I need good surgeons". I have 2 top surgeons and have all the confidence in the world that these "mechanics" will perform the repairs and get me up and running again!
  • sounds like all the preparation is finished. hope all goes well and recovery is steady. maybe the wife can bring computer in for a day so you can stay in touch with us spineys who are rooting for you!!!
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I wish you the best with your surgery. Take it easy afterwards and try to be patient and not overdo it too soon. Take care.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Best of luck to you on your surgery Wed. I hope that all goes well and your recovery is an easy one. It sounds like you have great support at home. Take care and good luck.

• I wish you good luck with your surgery.
  • ;) Ken and Jan,

Wishing you very successful surgeries and speedy recoveries.

Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

• Good Luck on Wednesday! It's so great that your husband is so strong for you. He is having a hard time internally I am sure. I have to be the rock here since my wife is the one that has to suffer while I recover. She is strong as well but reality hit when I started packing my things for the hospital stay I think. I took her out for a nice dinner the other night to let her know how much I appreciate what she does (and will need to do). We must not forget how much we rely on others during recovery.

Thank you all for your thoughts.
  • Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, I know everything will be fine, you have all the support you need and so does your wife, tell her to talk with us if she gets scared someone will be here for her, they have been for me. I will be right behind you on thursday, I go for preop tomorrow and fusion thursday, I am taking my computer so if I cant get to you my hubby can, God Bless and wish you well
  • Hi Jan and Khumph. Best wishes for your successful sugeries this week and for a speedy recovery with great results!! I had my cervical fusion last Wednesday. Neck feels prety good. Stomach is very unhappy with me! I will be thinking of you both.

• Hope all who have imminent surgery find calm in the last days/hours. This time can be the worst part of it. Soon you'll be on the other side, when you know that all it takes is time and patience and the good things will come.
  • to all that are facing surgeries this week. I wish you all the best for sucessful surgery and speedy recoveries!! >:D<
  • To everyone having surgery this week, may God send his angels to bear your anxiety so you will feel only peace knowing that you're in good hands.
  • I made it through and came home today. All went well and all looks good so far. Thanks for the support!
  • I am so glad you finally got the surgery done. I hope it all went well for you and that your wife is doing ok too. It is great to read that it went good and I pray it all stays that way for you. Keep us posted ok.

• Glad you came through okay. I hope your recovery continues well.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.