Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update on my disease and SSDI

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Greetings everyone!

I was on Long Term Disability for one year. I went back to work 3 weeks ago. I had applied for SSDI a few months previous to this. Today I had to throw in the towel in regards to work. I was experiences debilitating pain when working.

My lawyers said they will file a form with SSDI stating I tried to work and failed. They said this experience will look good to the judge. It will show I made the attempt to work but failed.

I am 57 years old. I have diabetes, hypertension and degenerative disc disease. I had a 4 level laminectomy in Feb. It addressed pain I had been having in my left arm, shoulder, neck and hands. This had been going on for 3 years approximately. The surgery did not alleviate the pain yet. I am told it can take up to a year for nerve damage to heal. My neurosurgeon and spine doctor say I probably have permanent nerve damage.

Now my right arm is causing debilitating pain constantly. It was so bad I had to stop working. I hated doing it. I loved the Company I worked for and the benefits and the people.

I am currently on Long Term Disability pay and waiting for my first decision on my SSDI.

Ken GreyEagle