Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

felt something move in my neck

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am almost 5 weeks post-op corpectomy and fusion of c4-7. Cage and plate as my hardware. I went to sit down at the kitchen table and felt something move in my neck. Now I have pain on left side of my neck where as prior I did not. I called the surgeon and see him tomorrow.What are the chances of hardware moving? Could it been a muscle? I am having anxiety attacks thinking something has gone wrong. I do not think physicaly or mentally i could go through another surgery. I know I am assuming the worst but that would be my luck. I am to have a x-ray prior to going to his office and bring the disc to surgeon. Will he be able to see if something is wrong from an x-ray only?

• The good thing is that you have an appt with your doc tomorrow. So that should help the anxiety level.

After my c-spine surgeries I had a ligament that would catch from time to time and it scared the daylights out of me the first few times. Once the swelling went down and the muscles got stronger, it quit happening so much.

Let us know what you find out tomorrow.

• Your surgeon should be able to tell with plain x-rays if something shifted. He/she should have the original films from the surgery and the placement of the hardware, so a comparison can be made. Glad to hear you have a appointment to get in checked. Let us know what happens.
  • Like "C", I've had a ligament catch in my neck after surgery. It in itself never caused any real pain. Not long after my surgery, I started getting aches in the back of my neck, specifically on the left side. My surgeon told me this was normal and pointed to some other areas where I might experience pain as well.

And, yes, please keep us posted.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Thanks for all your replies. It puts my mind at ease some what. I will let everyone know what the doc says tomorrow