Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Enumclaw, Washington

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, my name is Connie, aka Alwayscold39.
I was hurt at work and now on L&I. I am a single Mom of 3 boys. I was putting myself through nursing school while I was working, but now my dream of being a Trauma Nurse has gone down the toilet.
I was on Vicodin 5/500, then bumped up to 7.5/500, but that was too much Tylenol, so the Doc issued 10/325. I take 7 a day. Now I switched to a pain center and my new Doc wants to try the Fentynal patch as a long acting pain reliever instead of just playing the pain chase game. I am also taking 60mg Cymbalta, Flexeril, and I take the Vicodin for break through pain. I am waiting to see if L&I is going to pay for a L5 S1 fusion, possibly a L4-S1 fusion. Keep me in your prayers as I have been in a lot of pain lately. PS, I LOVE this site!!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i love this site too!! :X i am so glad you stopped by!! i am sorry to hear you are in such extreme pain!! :''( i have found better relief with the long acting time released meds.. :D good luck with your future pain problems. stop by anytime!! =D> Jenny :)
  • Thank you, Jenny! I love this site with all it's awesome advice, ideas, and knowing that I am not alone in my fight against all the pain and suffering.
    Thanks again!!
  • Ahh, the old L5 sorry about that. I'm in Trout lake washington myself. Hang in there.
  • I'm an old mom whose children are grown - and feel deeply for those who've lost physical ability while still raising children or who's professional goals have been interupted or unrealized.

Hang in there.

-And...I guess, use the opportunity to teach your children the skills of empathy and compassion.

• After reading your post, I see you have issues with your L5 S1 also.
    How are you doing now? How is parenting going? Are you glad you
    have done everything medically that you've had done, or is there
    something that was done that if you could turn back time you would
    not do? If I am asking to many questions you don't need answer them
    Thanks for your time!
    Smiles, :)
  • I have the luxury of shared parenting time so that helps my situation a lot. Overall I am glad I had my surgery, I really didnt have a choice. I was totally miserable prior to surgery, now I get some enjoyment out of life. The recovery is not a walk in the park as Im sure you've read, and I will probably never be what I was before, but at least Im something. I've learned to like and appreciate things a little more since surgery, since I've slowed down quite a bit, but less pain :). I hope this helps. And I hope you find relief soon.