Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please report problems and concerns here.
Reporting problems
Spine-Health is now up and running on the new system
Simple Tutorial on how to use the new system

Non-Drowsy Muscle Relaxants?

AnonymousUserAnonymousUser Posts: 51,513
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:34 PM in Pain Management
Does anyone know of any muscle relaxants that don't make you tired?
advertisement

Comments

• Research BACOLOFEN, they are very good :D

Angie :H
  • Have you tried Norflex? I take it in the mornings because it doesn't make you sleepy/tired. My doctor prescribed it after I told him the others made me feel so bad. I take Flexeril at night. Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.

Debbie
  • I just switched to Baclofen from Flexiril a couple of days ago. The flexiril made me drowsy, and didn't seem to be working too well. The Baclofen, all I could say after taking the first one is WOW, and it didn't make me drowsy either!! I hope I don't build a tolerance to it...
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Hello -

I think that I've been on just about every "common" muscle relaxer prescribed by Docs and I've FINALLY found one that allows me to function decently after taking it. The med I speak of would be "Xanaflex" and it comes in 2, 4 or 6mg tablets...and one tab when feeling the on-set of spasms has worked fantabulously for me, without blurring my mind.

You might want to ask your Doc for a few samples (that they routinely get get from their drug reps)...and see how they work for you, before actually getting a big script for them.

That's my two-cents worth..take care and best wishes to you!

Jeff
  • Thanks to you all!! This is a great help, as I can actually ask my doctor about specific scripts!
advertisement