Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS TRIAL yet another question sorry...

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Pain Management
i let my rep know but not sure of her answer.. i have to do alot of adjusting to the SCS when ever i move even in bed it seems to go away when i walk so i need to adjust alot (i have medtronic , just on the outside for trial..),, and when i turn over in bed ,, is this normal ? will it be less with the perm. one .. i will being the paddles that they have to do a lamenctomy to put in cant think of procedure name?
once again thank you for your time.

• The trial SCS lead is only attached to the skin with a few stitches and moves like crazy. This will cause the stimulation to change with position and hence you will feel like you have to "chase down" the correct stimulation. It's very normal for the trial and is not the norm for a permanent implant, especially a paddle lead.

So yes, the trial will be very positional and no, the permanent paddle won't be.

• Once again thank you very much !!hope you are having a pain free day!!