Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

If you cant have MRI??

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
What are other options? i am having SCS implanted soon.. on trial now.. I have had a disco gram .. NEVER EVER AGAIN. what other options are there? what about CT scans? or other tests? like for my heart ?

• :H

About having to leave your job, I had to leave a job I loved and had worked at for 15 years because of the pain! I was also working a second part time job as well! I went from not doing w/o to really doing w/o................ :''( I wish you a pain free life and God bless my dear.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    have a MRI?
    Right now to start to isolate spinal problems the MRI is one of the more successful diagnostic tools.
    The discogram is another very important tool, but also one that is not so comfortable going through.
    MRI's sound a lot worse then they are.
    For people that are clostophic, there are stand up or open MRI units that make it easier.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • With an SCS in place they typically use CT scans, xrays to look for issues. The SCS leads preclude having an MRI done.

If you have any current concerns at all you should discuss having one last MRI done before having the permanent SCS implanted.
  • I know people who have pacemakers who can't have MRIs.

• GreseldaGGreselda Posts: 2
    edited 07/19/2014 - 10:30 AM
    Have been struggling with severe lower back/hip pain for over a year. Have had injections to no avail as they don't know where pain is coming from. Have scoliosis, arthur, degenerative bone disease + osteporosis. Am seeing an Orthop dr end of month, but can't have an MRI due to heart implant. Same goes for NSAIDS...was on Relaflen (Celebrex like) but can't take those anymore due to heart issues. Pain has been awful. Any there any other useful scan(s) available to me? Last MRI was 2011, before heart failure. Any advice would be helpful.
  • tests done with those who can't have an MRI for any reason.