Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Continuing Oxycodone

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in Pain Medications
I had a 4 level laminectomy on April 8th this year. Right after surgery I was on Lorazepam,morphine and oxycodone. Now I am just on oxycodone 5 mg, 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours.

I am beginning to feel like I am needing a higher dosage or maybe the ER variety. What have others experiences been?

Thanks much,

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Ken,
    It may very well be that you do need to switch to an ER version or maybe a different strength. If the oxycodone is working for you, you may need to have the discussion with your PM about how the meds are working or not working, and about the length of time that the meds are lasting.
    He knows you best, so he would be the best to determine which option is the best one for you.
    Good luck,
    Sandi
  • If you do get put on ER meds, I think it will be better for you because it stays in your system much longer, depending on which medication you are started on. Of course you'll probably need to take something for breakthrough pain like oxycodone. Just have a talk with your doctor and let him know that your current regimen isn't helpful. I hope it works out and take care.
  • meydey321 said:
    . Of course you'll probably need to take something for breakthrough pain like oxycodone. Just have a talk with your doctor and let him know that your current regimen isn't helpful. I hope it works out and take care.
    Yeah,I should find out tomorrow morning what they are going to give me. I'll update everyone here. Interestingly, my medical benefits go away after tomorrow since I did leave my employer on Monday. I'll be getting the benefits through my wife's work. It will take a little time but I'll be on them shortly.

My medical will be through the same Insurance Company. The only difference is the coverage is not near as good as it was with the Company I worked for. Once I'm on Social Security Disability I'll go for the Medicare with a Supplemental plan.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • get used to Oxycontin very quickly ..i started on 10mg 2x a day of the sustained release {12 hour tabs} now i am on 80mg 2x a day {12 hour tabs } and 6 x20mg 3 x a day of the instant type ..my advice go see your doctor and sort out your meds
    STRAKER
advertisement