Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Toothache before acdf surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
The past week I've been having really bad toothaches along my upper and lower jaw on the left side. My surgery is in 2 days and don't want to deal with dental problems during this time. I saw my dentist yesterday, got x-rays and my teeth are fine. They recommended brushing with Sensodyne toothpaste but I do that already. Can the toothaches be caused by my bad cervical discs? Anyone else have these toothaches? I wondered if Vicodin caused tooth problems because it seems like the toothaches started after I started taking the painkiller but I really couldn't find much evidence to support that - appreciate any input - Thanks! Margaret

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I also have problems with c4-c7. I was troubled with toothache and earaches. I was very surprised to be told it was caused from my cervical problems. I was told it was due from all the inflammation.
  • Hi Susan -
    did your earaches and toothaches get better after surgery? I think I'll ask my neurosurgeon tomorrow before my surgery -

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Both of my problems disappeared after surgery. I suffered from both for close to a year along with dizziness. Amazing now that my disc are fixed the problems are gone.
    Good luck on surgery and let me know how you are doing
  • Hi - it's been 2 days since my surgery and the toothache is better. It might be the painkillers or the surgery that helped - -I'll see how my teeth are after I stop taking the medication. Thanks for your input! Margaret
  • This is CrAzY!! I have had 5 back surgeries and trying to avoid neck surgery...C4-C5. I went to the dentist for a filling last week and he broke my tooth...x-rays did not show "weakness" n the tooth but I have had VERTIGO, TOOTHACHES, EARACHES, HEADACHES etc...constantly!!
    I am gonna ask my doctor about this...this is just to weird...can ur spine really cause everything to fall apart??? (LITERALLY??)