My fiance recently had to have three surgeries to take out a herniated disk at her T7-T8 Vertebrae. After the first (unsuccessful) surgery she went numb from the chest down, and lost a lot of movement. Fortunately the 2nd surgery they got the disc out with a lami/discetomy. The third surgery they fused the area together.
It's only been a month out, and she is walking again albeit with a walker. She still is numb from the waist down though. Yesterday, however, she had these bad spasms down her body, she said they were so bad they knocked the wind out of her. But than today she said she could feel a little bit in her left foot.
- Are the spasms she is having a sign the nerves are waking up?
- Can we assume that if the foot is becoming unnumb other parts will follow?
- Will this numbness go away body part by body part or will one day she wake up and it's gone?
- Does numbness start to fix itself at the foot and work its way up?
- Is there anything you know of to help stimulate the nerves?
These are very uncertain times for us so thanks in advance for all your help.