Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Robins Update

iowarobiniiowarobin Posts: 1,268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, I had to make a flying trip to get my MRI done on Tues at a hospital about a hour away. My insurance wont let me have it done at my otho's office because it is out of network. This is found out after I did my CT there last week. So another bill to fight over.
So any way, I got to Orthos office yesterday with MRI disc in hand and they told me my appt had been cancelled, since I wasnt having MRI done there. BUT they did realize I didnt cancel appt and got me in. It is a 2 hour drive. Met with Ortho and MRI looked good with the exceptions of a couple bumps on right side. He went in on left side. He said they didnt look like anything that would cause the type of pain I am having right now, but he didnt know what they were. So I said to him, I'm nuts right! He said no, that he still thinks it is hardware related and even though CT didnt show any rubbing on illiac crest, he thinks it is, When I had my bout of pnuemonia for 2 months my pain wasnt nearly as bad. Because I was laying around. As soon as I became active again, thats when pain kept getting worse. And I had been doing alot more and driving etc.
So, he is gone next week,(how dare him!) and the first I can get into him is the 17 of Aug. He is gonna do injections next to screws with lidacane and have me walk around for a hour and come back and see if it takes away some pain, alot or at all. If it does, it is probably hardware and he will decide it it is fused enough to remove it. My CT showed it was pretty well fused on the top one, and partially on the bottom.
If it is not fused enough, it might me bone stimulator. If it is not hardware, I dont know what is next. He said he has to look at one thing at a time to try to figure it out. But hopefully it is hardware related. It makes the most sense to me, looking back at activity and pain levels. Sooo..wait some more. My pain level is being better controlled. So, at least that is a bonus right now.
Thanks to all of you, for your kind words and everything. I will get through this, just have to keep the faith. I am glad that the fusion is working. That to me is the positive part of it all.

• Best wishes to you Robin. It sounds like you are off to a good start with this doctor. I hope you have an answer soon.

• I agree with Marianne about your doctor. He sounds like he's taking it one step at a time and giving you all the attention and care you deserve. Too bad he's do danged far away - but isn't that always what happens?

Anyway, take care and I'm anxious to hear the next chapter in your spiney book.
  • Hi Robin,

I am sorry you are having the pain issues. It does sound like you are fusing!

Hopefully the shot will show that it is the hardware and he can take care of it for you.

I tried to send you a PM, but was not able to. Has something changed in your profile? I will try to email you.

Hope you are feeling a little better. Thanks for the update!

• :) Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you pain is being better controlled. Can't believe how far you have to travel to see your ortho -- cheez, my guy's within spitting distance from my house. You rock!

May the weeks fly by fast until your next appointment. Will pray for a good outcome for you.

Take care,