Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spine soreness

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
So here is my issue. Around 3 months ago I felt pain from one spot on my spine when I leaned up against something. Since that time I have went to my family doctor who has done an x-ray and a catscan. He didn't see anything on either one so I'm not really sure what is going on. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but if I touch the spot it is sore or if I lean back against something and it touches only that part of my spine it will really hurt. Sometimes I can feel it when bending over but not all the time.

Any ideas?

• It was a MRI, not a catscan.. sorry about that.
  • when a muscle tightens up you get a spot in the muscle that gets real tender. i think they call it a trigger point. and the muscle has a memory so it keeps tightening up and causing discomfort. the easiest way to get rid of it is to get deep muscle massage....it may take a while but muscle should return to normal after many treatments....dont waste more $ on fancy tests...
    good luck....pete
  • Well the doc gave me some muscle relaxer but it didn't do anything. My doctor really had no idea it seemed. I'm gonna go back to the doctor soon. It doesn't really seem like a muscle issue but I could be wrong. I'll get some massages also. :) I'll post again once I go back to the doc.

thanks for the replies
This discussion has been closed.