Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS trial romved soon my story so far..

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Pain Management
I am so excited about this Inserted July 27th will be taken out Aug 4th Tuesday !!.I was very scared to go thru with.. I was not as sedated as they said i would be as a matter a fact i was wide awake.. the numbing first was tolerable, a pinch here and there. the insertion was ok until they hit scsr tissue , that caused sever cramping in my right butt cheek. i gritted and got thru, Dr. took his time and responed to my pain.
the after effects were sore on the back , but pain meds tok care of it mostly not to worry about that.
As for the relief LOTS I am very pleased with it. although it stopes alot or increases when i change postions , which I am uner the impresson it will not be as much when the real one is placed.
I really beleive I am getting my life back. i just about gave up hope.i believe I will reduce my Norco by at least one or two a day. :)..that would put me at one am one pm i can deal with that..
I am hoping the when they place the real one i am MUCH more sedated.. As they will be performing a laminectomy to put it i also wil ask if the can put in higher off the scar tissue.
I will be glad to take a shower and have the needle removed from my back it cause discomfort., but sorry to give up the relief while i wait for the real one..
my coverage is in both legs and lwoer back awesome!!
I hope INS approves it !!Thank to every one who helped answer my conerns and calmed my nerves here on these boards