Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello All I'm new here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm MJ in 2007 I had a S1-L5 fusion for DDD, Sciatica and something that causes the lower spine not to curve (I forget what it is). Anyway, I am at that point again waiting for a MRI results just over two years...my left leg pain returned down to the foot (knee last time) and it swells like a melon every night. I thought it was the medication from Feb of this year I was diagnosed with bone spurs in the cervical portion of my neck and re-ran the gambit of PT, chiropractic care, relief but it was only temporary. I've been on SOMA since Feb. for it. Now the lower back pain returned with a vengence, thus the MRI results pending. So today I found this site and that it had a fourm and told myself to post.
So, hello all, and was wondering if anyone has had a fusion that has gone bad, or the bone bone spurs (basicaly the bone canal for the nerves is small and the muscles when tight add pressure to the nerves causing numbness in arms and a pain like fire). Or like me both. :T

I can say I am glad I found you guys, seems like a great support group wish I fould this in 2007 :)

41 Female (active or was)

• Glad that you found us. Come on in and set a spell!

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Like you I have both cervical and lower spine issues. Trying at times isnt it? I have had 4 cervical surgeries, 3 which were failed fusions and I am currently in my post-op period for the forth(hopefully this one will work). I have had 2 lower lumber discetomys. The first one worked for about a year then the disc reherniated so back to surgery I went. That was 2 years ago and so far it is working. My cervical spine was a mess with bone spurs, so bad that the doc removed 2 vertebrae this last surgery. After this last surgery all my prior pain pain is gone(arm.leg and shoulder)although I am still having alot of surgical pain the doc states this should pass given more time. So there is hope!
    Good luck
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. glad you stopped by.. :D good luck with your pain issues! :D Jenny :)
  • welcome to spine health i am STRAKER and i live in the UK .i have just refused a multi level fusion because of the fear of failure.and i have heard of many fusions going wrong .sorry that you are in pain .i know whats that's like i am a regular poster on here and i look forward to chatting with you
  • :D Welcome to the forum of "Spineys".

You've found a group of people who all have pain in common and are looking to get out of it :| . Everyone pitches in to help each other through the tough spells and offer their experiences with sugeries or conservative treatments. We also offer each other the gift of humor, which is always needed.

I'm sure someone will post in answer to your queries and share their fusion experience with you. Lest I forget all the great info on this site also.

Love your avatar!

Take care,