Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed low back 4-5 fusion,failed spinal cord stimulator.

backman01bbackman01 Posts: 97
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
New here since 1993 taking percocet 4 a day,now i have lower leg swelling,with muscle cramping when walking,lower legs tender to touch,is leg swelling normal??had my arteries checked they are ok,DR says i should go to pain management for this,iam 53 hurt at work lost my job in 93.i need a good pm dr here in ncpa,we only have 1-pm dr i will not go to him he put the scs in wrong .Thanks Rick

• OUCH!! U have been threw the ringer...my suggestion...pack up and travel to a well known SPINE institute for HELP!! If he messed you up once...no need to go threw that again!! GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!!!
  • trip to big city teaching hospital to see board certified spinal surgeon would be best. either ortho or neuro spinal surgeon knows spine better than anyone. is ncpa near pittsburgh?
    oh...what meds you on maybe one of them causing swelling......
  • Hello,
    Pete thanks for the reply,iam in montoursville,pa north central pa,4hrs from pittsburgh,about the same to philly.answer to your question is percocet i take 4 a day sinse 1993 after failed spinal fusion,now lower leg swelling with calf pain groin pain.heart,arteries good.
  • Cathy,
    Thanks for the reply,yea i need to find a good spine DR,what is state of the art scs??i had one in 94 but taken out it was put in wrong,when i turned it on i would fall to the floor. Rick
  • swelling. i'd talk to your general physician about it and at the same time find spinal surgeon in the big city. what did the dr who put in scs do wrong?
This discussion has been closed.