Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nervous but hopeful...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm going in for my first ESI tomorrow morning. I have fairly high hopes, perhaps more out of desperation than anything else - I mean, life HAS to start again, right? So of course this will work...?

Anyway, I'm also terrified of needles. Luckily I'll be out-to-lunch or beyond for most of the procedure (twilight sedation), but I made the mistake of watching an informational video on ESIs and now I'm feeling a little light headed.

Anyone have advice on maintaining zen-like calm in the face of masked people in white coats brandishing dripping needles? ;)

• The good thing is that they won't be brandishing the "dripping needles" in front of you. Most docs will do their level best to keep you from ever seeing an epidural needle.

I hope you gain some relief from the procedure.

• It's done, and I think it's working! I definitely feel better, even though there's still significant pain.
    The worst part of the procedure by far was getting the IV port put in. The nurse had to give up on the first one and try again, and the back of my hand is now black and blue. But the epidural itself? I honestly didn't feel a thing! Thank god for mild anesthesia and lying face down :)