Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First checkup after surgery!

Kat_woman38KKat_woman38 Posts: 162
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just came from my first checkup after surgery on 7/13/09. The doctor was pleased with how well I'm doing, and I must say I agree. He looked at my x-rays and said everything looks right on track.

He offered me PT, but said the choice was mine and that I didn't HAVE to go. I chose not to, with my fibromyalgia I've been through so much PT that I can mostly carry on by myself.

Hope everyone's having a pain free day!

• Good news, glad all is going well with your recovery.
  • that is amazing recovery, its nice to read of some success stories, I know its been so hard on so many people here. I had my first post op visit with my surgeon yesterday after a laminectomy/discectomy and he said it was going well too, but I never got any more x-rays or MRI, is that normal? He told me even if he did one 3 months from now it would still show fluid in my back, he put me on prednisone for swelling in my back and for numbness in the opposite leg I was having trouble with!!!

Good to hear you are doing well, I am doing the PT starting today so I am hopeing it doesn't hurt too badly, if it does I will back off for a while.

Take care,
  • Sandra, I have no idea about the x-rays. My doc is a bit of a stickler about them, I was told that when I saw him for the first time, if I brought my x-rays in on a disc he wouldn't see me. I guess he likes to have them large & able to put them on the light box instead of looking on the computer.

I hope your PT goes well and they're not to enthusiastic! If they're giving you too much pain, just tell them to take it down a notch. Also hoping they can do something to help the numbness!