Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi i just came across this site wondering if anyone else is going thru the same thing i am..in 2000 i had a back fusion on l4 l5 using bak fusion and wires. after the back surgery i was fine well fine enough to go through the day without hurting i am now limited what i can do what i am sure whoever has back surgery goes thru.. when i had the surgery the dr told me that i had a back of a 60yr i was only 25 when i had the surgery.. now i am experiencing the same pain and went to have a mri and ct scan which on both they couldnt see everything and now i am schedule for a myleogram but they did see a bulged disc on l3 l4 2lytic lesions on the l4 and l5 ..l5 mildy decearsing and i have denegerative disc disease with bone spurs and arthisis..the last time i took the mri the dr told me that if he didnt see me he would of thought he was looking at an 80 yr back results i am only 35 now ....concerned if i am going to have surgery again or does anyone know will i end up in a wheelchair any advice will help

• I was in my early 20's when I hurt my back. Had DDD and bulging disk, L3-L4 and a bunch of other issues. On film, my back to was compared to a 90 yr old.

That was years ago, I have had pain from it for a long time.

No one can tell you what you can expect except maybe your Dr, but I know that all of us get worried about the "What might happen " side of this whole thing.

You are not alone in this! We all have been there!

Welcome - David

Edit - Is the pain in the back increasing a lot, or has there been some substantial changes in it?
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.please be sure to get more than one doctor's opinion.i am sorry you are experiencing more back pain and possible surgery.. please check out any other treatments which may be available to you.. good luck and keep us posted! Jenny :)