Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Banned Members Keep Coming Back

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
i was a little hesitant to make this post. But after many weeks after a member was banned they tried to come back and register for Spine-Health at least 3 x week under different member names. Fortunately the moderator staff picked up on this particular member's posting style plus we had a number of very astute members who saw the same thing and let us know. Since that time, over 11 different new member names this person tried has been banned. We had to go to the extremes of putting a filter in the email registration process to try to stop this person. We could enforce much stricter registration rules, forcing new members to have to send and respond to specific emails, etc, but never felt that type of monitoring would be required on a site people joined for medical reasons.
Many of us our completely stumped as to why any one would continue this type of game. It was clear that their behavior resulted in getting them banned and its clearly that their new approach is nothing more than a sham.
I do hopes this discontinues and that I will never have to make another post like this again.

note: I apologize to everyone that I have not be present much this week. There are a number of personal activities going on right now that has restricted the amount of online time I have had. I will be back soon. Thank you and I hope you all take care.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• You're a great administrator and I'm just sorry you have to spend time trying to deal with this kind of problem. I hope the person finally gives up and goes elsewhere.

As for stricter requirements for membership, that wouldn't give me a problem if you ever need to implement that. It's simple to wait a few minutes to receive an email and then respond to it. It wouldn't put anybody out, that I can see. Members are going to spend way more time than that just waiting for replies to their posts, etc.

Whatever else you may end up having to do, I thank you for the time and effort you put into keeping this site running for all of us! >:D<

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • As above, I too think "You're a great administrator" and Friend to us all, as are the other moderators that make up the SH Five-O. If that is what it takes to secure the help we have all received from this site, then that is what must be done. you have always kept us top priority and I thank you.

• I have joined many different newsgroups and forums in the past that required an email prior to approval. I was not offended by this process and actually felt it made the group a lot more rule oriented.

A forum that I administrate, I have set up to get an email each time there is a membership request. I can then check the info submitted and IP address and determine to the best of my ability if the member is legit or not.

By the way, GREAT JOB!