Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally had lumbar epidural...my tailbone is broke!!!

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spinal Injections
I just had my lumbar epidural.....after having a couple fusions,and still having excruciating pain and spasms in my low back. My PM Dr saw "lots of scar tissue,a broken tailbone,and facet joints in bad shape". The epidural has not provided much relief...but I at least now know I am not a big crazy whiner! There really is a reason I feel like I do! What we will do about it remains to be seen.But for some reason just getting some answers makes me feel better!The broken tailbone explains sooo much of my driving pain.And my sitting pain...I see light at the end of the tunnel....I hope it's not a surgical lamp! Have a great day everybody! Sagehen

• :H Happy to hear you now know what's happening in your lumbar area -- Ouch, I know you're in a lot of pain and hope whatever treatment the PM comes up with will give you relief. :*

Take care,

• Hey there Judy,
    I see you are having some nerve pain,are you taking Neurontin by any chance? I started that awhile ago...I haven't decided if it's doing anything or not.I only take it at night for now.I cannot sleep due to the pain...no sleep makes for a very tired me.
    You have a good one...Sagehen
  • hi sagehen,
    sorry sorry about your pain have ?doc found out broken tail bone while doing lumbar epi? having on done this thur 13th told i need 3 total first one was transforaminal 2wkws ago. was that your first esi?
    wow can't imagine your pain
    i will pray for ya
    new here
    ty for sharing
    fusionL4,l5 in 06 was swimming mth later
    2mths ago numbness in feet,legs spasms lower back
    nerves inflammed walking shooting pains
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I see my NS on the 25th...my PM dr was talking to his assistant about rhizotomy....I see him on the 21st...I don't know what we will do next...I did get a few hours relief,but right back to same old thing.
    So on it goes!!!
    Take care Sagehen