Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Please help

I have had 6 injections into the T1-T4 in the past 48 months. This does give some relief for a short period of time but unfortunately doesnt last and is very expensive. In the past I have been able to keep my pain level at an acceptable 6 through medication and exercise. My right shoulder has become much lower than my left in the past year (it has always been somewhat lower) and the pain has now increased to an unmanageable 8. I am only 41 and still have a lot of living to do. PLEASE HELP I no longer know how to control the pain.

• Welcome to Spine Health. You do not have to give up on living at 41, you do indeed have a lot more to do still! Has your doc sent you for another opinion or can you get a referral to a surgeon who specializes in thoracic spine maladies? What happened to cause your pain? Were you in an accident of some sort?

Never give up, keep on pestering docs until you find one that helps you.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    Please provide some more details regarding your situation. MRI results, medications you are on, treatments you have taken, have you had surgery, etc
    The more information you can provide us here, the better off other members will be able to respond to some of your questions.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • what type of injections did you receive? And why did the doc's think it would help?

I am 43 (f)and like you wish to continue with life without all this pain....it can be maddening....but go with your gut...persue the doc's and all your options. I don't know long you have been traveling on this journey of pain...but hopefully the worst is behind you.

• The epidurals have been supposed to help with pain management I believe they were cortizone shots but I am not certain. They help for about 2 months and then the pain returns. I am currently taking 10mg Lortab for pain control which only takes the edge off. The pain is the spine only. Touching the bone is excruciating but there is no pain off to either side of the spine or below my bra line. A MRI was done approximately 1 year ago and I was told it showed no abnormalities. My physician sent me for a bone density test last week which also came back clean. I feel like I have been on every anti-inflammatory medication as well as neurontin. I can sit for very short periods of time and I am pain free for about 45 minutes after I wake up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.