Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chance of bulge after Discectomy/Fusion?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All! I had an Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion on my C6/C7 the first week of June this year. I had some minor complications (tendonitis, percocet side effects) but all in all it went very well. My pain was minimal and I was just starting to get close to normal. I woke up yesterday morning with some discomfort and attributed it to maybe sleeping in a funny position, I went on with my day. Around 2pm it hit me all of a sudden and still this morning I am having quite a bit of pain. It really feels like my neck did prior to surgery and prior to the herniation, it feels like it did when my disc was bulging. I heard that there is a chance of discs protruding above and/or below a fusion site. This pain is above where I had pain pre-surgery. Has anyone every heard of this or experienced it? What was the outcome for you? Thanks all, hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

• hi i'm pete and sorry youre in pain again. i just read a recent thread by RICK who also had cervical fusion and had the disc under it bulge...you might want to read his comments. it is true that added stress on the disc below can cause that disc to be disturbed....best get it looked into...hope its not serious....