Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here but not new to pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 30 year old male who is constantly told i am worthless and just looking for an easy way out. I'll start by telling that i was a very hard worker. The hardest is what they use to say. That made me proud of my work. I have been not working for 3 years now. Before i stopped working i went and got my GED so i would not have to do construction work (Roofed for 7 years of my last working years). I did not get it soon enough. Shortly after getting it i got a maintanence job at a factory and could not tolerate it but for a week and a half. Went to Wal-mart and landing a sporting goods department job for 3 weeks i handled it, Then i went to frischs resturaunt for 1 day. My pain was so bad on these jobs and the work was so easy. So i filed for disability which i fought with for 2 years +. and got nowhere. I have seen multiple doctors and no help i am to young to be in the shape i am they say, i have several herniated disc, annular tears and degenerative disc disease. I try and do things but everything is so painful. I went from being worthy to worthless. I have depression real bad and at times i don't want to live. I thought i was alot better so i began getting more active and it all started back up like before. I met a wonderful woman right at my worse when i could not get up on my own and couldn't walk for long periods, she stuck by me even when i lost my home and she supported me the best she could but now we live apart and it hurts me., That i cannot be a real man on account of chronic back pain, her mom has disability for back problems and cusses me like a dog and tells her to get a guy with money, I have begged for help from doctors 90 percent turn me away because i am trying to get medicaid. I had it once and lost it due to moving and i didn't get some papers in on time and have not been able to get a doctor to see me since then. I am so lost on what to do, i just want to have my old back again the one that made me the money and pain free. Back pain has really messed up my life. I have lost everything i have had. People around me don't know what it is like to have severe back pain. My mri even shows all the bad but it is like doctors don't care cause i have no insurance. Well that is me. I hope some of you can relate.

• have you tried to get medicaid?
    does your state have health insurance.
    i live in mass and everyone gets insurance. move here
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are in so much pain and without insurance. ~X( i have medi-cal myself and also use teaching hospitals when necessary. check out the bottom under "Insurance" issues.. good luck with that!! perhaps you need to see a doctor about some medication for depression. :-C it is very common to be depressed with chronic pain!!! stick close to the forums! we are here to help and to listen! :D Jenny :)