Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

are you all asleep, no one is awake?

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in Sleep Problems
hi all spineys!! :H been quiet on the forum and lots of you are getting some sleep.. I)HURRAY!! <:P Jeanette checked in and it was good to hear from her!!! :D what about ya'll? what is your story for the night? :? thinking of ya!! hugsssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
advertisement

Comments

• jenny when do you sleep?
  • :H yes just got up to try and take care of leg cramps. they are startin to go away some now. good ole drugs :))) renee
  • Hopefully it comes soon waiting a bit for another soma stupid muscles spasms and arm pain. Thank goodness for all night TV though. The birds will be chirping as I drift off to sleep and the phone will ring soon after that.

Anyone want my counting sheep? I think they count to loud and are keeping me awake these days.
  • Lol tamtam, I don't want your sheep, do you want my cats??? These past two nights after I spent over 7 hours in a car have been quite painful. I've been up off and on ever since 1 a.m. Ugghhhhhhhh....

Good morning Pete and Jay. Its 5:30 a.m. here in Maine. Looks like Jenny is trying to sleep???

Tc everyone and hope you have a good day....

Marianne
  • Hi it' 10-45pm here in New Zealand and no lights are on in the houses around me. Hubby is on night-shift, just me and my 3 cats-not great conversationalists. So Hi to all the insomniacs, hopefully sleep will be catching up with you all soon. Love how any time there will always be spineys online, not so alone. Hugs n' Loves to all - Paula
  • Its early afternoon 13.03pm over here in 'old blighty'(England)and a fine warm day it is too. I am sat in my garden with my laptop, a coffee and my dressing gown on. :)
    Hope you guys get some sleep soon.

Rain
  • hi all! :H the beginning of another night.. i sleep in the afternoon from 1 to 3.. I) then again about 9-12. I) so i get enough in.. have been having some all nighters once in awhile! YIPEE!!! <:P but here it is 9 and i am wide awake.. oh well!! hope everyone else and the kitties get a few winks in.. hugsss to all sleepless spineys! >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • Anyone still here? No sleep coming to me tonight... I have an appointment with my lovely doc tomorrow and am a little stressed out. Also, traveling in a car for 8 hours sucks for spineys... hope you all are sleeping well!
  • I'm okay. As well as can be expected and all that=] And you?
  • Actually I am starting to fade. Benadryl, melatonin, zanaflex all combined to finally get me some sleep ... till I'm awake in 2 or 3 hours but what the heck sleep none-the-less!

Hope your doc appt tomorrow/today goes well
  • I'm happy for you! And thanks very much! Hopefully I will follow into unconsciousness soon
  • Been busy trying to load the 5th wheel for camping this weekend. I do alittle at a time so it takes forever to get things packed and ready to go but that's okay Iam not doing much else anyway... We are having a big family get together and camp out this weekend, Iam so looking forward to it.
    How has everyone else been???
    Well, my husband found out he has 2 weeks left of work and then his job ends... He does have leads on some other jobs but no benefits so we would have to pay our cobra $800 a month, isn't that just dandy. I can't believe how much they reem you for insurance these days........
    Oh well, things will work out they always do some how....
    Hope everyone else is doing great !!!!
    Jeanette
  • just saying good morning at almost 1am... :H so good to hear from all you spineys! :D everyone try and grab a few hours of sleep! (|: is anyone still awake? hugssss to all!!! >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • hi ...hear yee..hear yee..too early for coffee. jenny youre like the all night street light glowing away...bright in the night...
  • Hi,

No sleep here it is 5.30 am here in ga and I am still up, send me some of your sleepy dust and who knows I may fall asleep, hey its worth a try, Legs are hurting to bad since surgery last week and havent got the meds all worked out yet, I will hope that all of you get some kind of sleep, and tell you as several of the spineys have told me. Hang in there better days will get here soon. Night to you all. Tweety
  • hi tweety, :H i have been wandering around and did not realize anyone was awake! 8} good morning!!!! :H sorry you are having trouble sleeping and are in pain with your legs!! ~X( you still have a long recovery ahead of you and know we are here for you!!! follow the doctor's orders TOTALLY!! and please stop by anytime!! :D here is a little dust back at ya! :D Jenny :)
  • pete, when are you getting a little shut eye? :? i loved the light reference! :D you are so sweet! night! (|: night! (|: hugssss, >:D< Jenny p.s. you can have alittle coffee now!!! :D
  • jenny, just stopped by early to say hi :H . hope everything is going well I) . i haven't been posting for a while, :$ :$ . just thought i should try to post more orless =)) =)) . btw its been 2 yrs today since my surgery acdf c3-c7 <:P <:P . summer mustbe getting over with because we have had to fires thisweek in the wood stove. God Bless All,kc
  • kc, so glad you stopped by... =D> you funny girl!! =)) sounds like your surgery was a success!! =D> HURRAY!!! <:P you are so right about summer.i put a blanket on my bed this week as well.. :D take care!! are there any other spineys awake tonight? i hope all is well with everyone!!! :X i am listening to oldies on the radio!!! this is the 40th year celebration of Woodstock and it is fun to listen to all the great music from then... :D take care all!!! >:D< Jenny :)
  • hahaha, my oldest asked if I went to Woodstock. He was giving me a hard time and we laughed when I told him I didn't remember much... because I was 2! He of course had to make some comment about drug use as I was taking my morphine & valium. =)) I told him he had to talk to grandma about Woodstock, I'm sure he'll ask in a couple weeks when everyone visits for dinner! lol
    Hope everyone has a great week!
    Spiney hugs >:D< >:D<
    Jay
  • My son always asks me if I was a hippy, lol. I was a teenager in the 70's, and ummmmm, well I was sort of a hippy but certainly not a flower child, lol!

Best to all,

Marianne
  • Well i want to be a flower child seems everything i eat goes to my hippies. So needless to say i will take the flower child. Oh wait that is what i stuck on my windows and everything i could find. Grrr i telling my age again. I think I'm going to start telling stories. You can all add in if you like.

Once upon a time there was this magical place and the counting sheep were locked at the gate. when they gate keeper said hark who goes there they said blahh black sheep. Gate keeper said that is not the pass word. He once again replies hark who goes there next reply was blah blah serta gate keeper responds that is not the password. Gate keeper says hark who goes there and and the sheep said...... to be continued
  • tamtam, :H i can always use a good bedtime story!!! =D> i was just a teenager during woodstock but i love knowing we have some "would be flower children" and "hippies" on the forum!! :D i think i am a 'hippie" too! =)) sleep well!! I) hugssssss, >:D< Jenny
  • I) I've been up off and on all night, my aching back won't let up. I've been doing too much getting my wonderfully old kitchen ready to paint. I think I'm going to be a lazy girl this Sunday! :)

>:D< to you Jenny!

Marianne
  • Our next thread can be for the hippy late-nite non-sleeping folks! Kids are funny, aren't they?

Looks like we have the whole crew up this morning (|:
    that's too bad!! Aside from the obvious, how are you all doing?
    Spiney hugs to all >:D< >:D<
    Jay
  • Jay, good morning!!! :H are you on your way to work? :? i like the idea of a Hippie thread! LOL! i think we are all old fogies now though jay!! atleast with young hearts!!! =)) i am sick as a puppy this morning but still want to say hi and get some sleep everyone!!!! :D Hugsssss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • The whole idea makes me laugh too! :))(

Yes, Jenny, I'm up for work, the last few days have been hard so I'm not not looking forward to it! Sorry you're still not feeling good, is it still the pancreas thing? Or am I thinking the wrong person? lol I can hardly keep track of myself lately it seems!!

We had to go to walmart last nite, it was a complete zoo!! I think because most of the kids start school today. Anyway, it was the first time I used my handicap parking placard. Good thing too, I'd have had to park in the north forty! Jeez!

Good morning Marianne, I have some pictures from the zoo a couple weeks ago, I'm getting them ready to post, some are cute! (We have a baby giraffe!)

Tam, all ready for the rest of your story!!
    Jay
  • Can't wait to see those pics! I need a new camara, lol. Went to my favorite beach last evening to try again to walk on the beach like I used to, but not happening, sniff sniff, lol. I need a sand dune buggy wheelchair for that now! So we went to another beach across the harbor with the jetty and I sat on a rock and watched, still had fun. Took some pics but camara needs new batteries so can't post them yet.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Jenny. Being sick and in pain, double whammy, no fun at all.

>:D< to the Good Morning Hippies, LOL.

Marianne
  • marianne, thank you for the extra hugs!!! >:D< you be so careful painting!!!! it can be so hard on your back and neck!!! :T i have an old kitchen i need to take the cabinets off and redo.. don't think it will ever happen though! LOL! good luck with yours!!!! =D> and let's get some pics out everyone!!! i just love looking at what you all are doing!!!! :X Jay, have a good day at work....right!!!! and i say, "sleep well all you hippies and good morning"!!!! I) L, Jenny :)
advertisement