Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just cant do it today

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in Chronic Pain
I am at my second week back at work at a reduced schedule. I cant do it today. I have been up since 1;00 and the pain is not subsiding to an acceptable level. My meds are not working for me anymore and my docs will not change them. I am currently taking vicodin,neurotin and zanaflex. My shoulder feels like it is stuck. Oh well, two steps forward, one step back.
Susan
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry you are in such pain -- feel for you. I've been there.

Just take care of you and do what you can to get a little relief. Shake up those docs if your meds aren't doing the trick -- there's got to be something else they can do for you.

PM me if you need a little girl talk.

Take care,

Judy
  • no one should be in pain with to days pain killers .at least you should be made comfortable neck and shoulder pain is no less than back pain and i know because at the moment i have all af them ! you have my sympathies .have you tried a TENS ?
    STRAKER
  • You must be under a lot of stress as a result, and that will make it all much worse as you tense up with frustration.
    Are you doing anything to RELAX?
    Might sound like a joke as you are too sick to relax, but that is probably what you need the most if the pain meds aren't working.
    I have found that severe muscle pain- cramps, knots, spasms or just tense-doesn't respond all that well to pain meds.
    A mixture of codeine and a muscle relaxant helps, along with extra relaxant. It may take quite a while to see any benefit as the muscles are probably really wound up.
    Neck, shoulder and back muscles are the main ones to cause pain-very bad pain, I've found.
    Try hot baths-these are good for relaxing muscles.
    And...get a remedial massage. If you feel a benefit, have it weekly for as long as you can.
    When pain meds don't work, you have to look elsewhere, and try to find what else is going on.
    With chronic pain we mold our lifestyle to what we can tolerate and squeeze in just to cope with life, and physical health is often the first to go, so our body's fitness level deteriorates until it can't cope, and then it lets you know.
    That may be where you are now.
    No easy solution, as I am finding, but you can improve slowly.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    The pain is not letting up at all so im going to see doc at 3;50. Work just called me and told me they need a drs note before i can come back to work even though they already have one on file from surgeon for a reduced work week. i dont need this crap right now. I am going to talk to doc about disability today. I know surgeon will back me but dont know if pcp will. He is a tough a$$ who believes to work through it. Sorry just venting. I am just so tired of this. I think a antidepressant might just be in order also. I am going to talk to him about it, along with adjusting my meds.
    Wish me luck because I may not have a doc after this appointment.
    Susan
    Bad, bad day today. Cant you tell?
  • I am so sorry you are going through such a rough patch.
    I hope your Doctor has given in and adjusted your pain meds. My Doctor is the same way and really does not want to treat my pain but he did give in and told me I could start taking my pain meds every 4 hours instead of every 6. That has helped me but I constantly watch the clock to see when I can take my next dose. Bummer huh?
    I do hope everything works out for you and you find some relief.
    Please keep us posted.
    Sending you a hug.... >:D<
    Patsy W
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.