Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello

janeellenjjaneellen Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I have just found this site and find it very helpful.I need some "prodding" to get off my duff and get back to doing the things I can to insure back health. Was very active and have quit all exercise and yoga since my last surgery {lumbar fusion} in 2007.I used to jog,ski,gym,yoga. I at least started back into gardening and working with my dogs,but a modified version.My surgery was a success and I feel very lucky after reading some of the posts. I have also had a cervical fusion which was also very successful.In other words my spine is held together by bolts.I just want to get into daily walking and back to yoga-and out of fear and self pity.I am 53 and in good health-know what I need to do but need support.Would appreciate any feedback.Have a medical background and can also be helpful. Hope to hear from you soon.

janeellen
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. That is fantastic that your surgeries have been a success. I found that the easiest thing for me to do was to get a treadmill at home and start walking. I add in light weights with higher reps as I get stronger. Eat as best I can with a few allowable splurges now and then. Other than that, enjoy life. I also found that it's just as easy to walk somewhere that's only a few minutes drive away. Walk there and then it forces you to walk back. Also window shopping in the bigger mall helps get things going.

"C"
  • You sound like a success story,and it sounds to me like you have a great attitude. Gardening is hard work, so you already have a start, and I'll bet those dogs will be willing to "help" you start a walking program!--Mazy
  • Janeellen, check your Private Messages.

Rusty