Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help - spinal surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
On 16th February'2000 I undergone disectomy and laminectomy for right side disc prolapse at L4/L5. I was good upto April'2009. From 2nd May'2009 I again started to feel pain at my left side. And this time I prefered Ozonoscopy. My problem cured after the treatment on 12th June'2009. But a new problem arises and I am now facing tremendous pain at my buttock region. It gives me more pain when I change my poster from sitting to standing, from standing to sitting. Even at bed I am feeling pain. The doctors has advised me the following:-

1) Inner body infusion;
2) Artificial Disk and
3) Spinal Cord Stimulator.

I want to know from the forum about the advantages and disadvantages of the different method as I can choose the correct decision.

• i have had 2 lots of surgery {see notes at the bottom of the screen} and i am now at the stage where i am in constant pain a SCS is out of the question due to epidural fibrosis and facet joint hypertrophy .and ADR is not done over here uk and if it was i would be very cautious about it .also a multi level fusion was ruled out due to the high rate of failure .so its just pain killers for me .when you make your choice think long and hard ! its your back make sure you way up all the options .with backs its degrees of loosing rather than degrees of success
  • You fascination with back surgery is bewildering. Surgery should be the last resort. People need to realize, back surgery is barbarick. There are many non invasive options available. The orthopods don't give people other options. The doctors think via their wallet
  • surgeon really threw this one into your lap. i would ask him which one he suggests. i would also get more opinions. youre not a surgeon how can you decide. keep looking till you find surgeon who has a plan you feel comfortable with and has a good plan of action....
This discussion has been closed.