Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The story of my back

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello My name is Ric and Im 4'5" (a dwarf) and 36 years old.
I will be having my 3rd major back surgery in a few weeks.But ill get to that in a bit.
when I was born my mother was 4'2" and had me by c-section.my grand mother was only 3'8" tall and had my mom the same way.now not many of you are gonna like this,nor do I.when my grandmother was born she was a twin to her brother.when she was 2 months old her father, my great grandfather made moonshine in the hills of west virginia well anyways he came home one night drunk on the moonshine and was mad at my grandmother for crying.He then picked her up and threw her against the wall and broke her back.and thus being no Dr's back then to care for her back it healed broken at a 120 degree angle wich resulted in her not growing.which made her a dwarf(3'8" her twin brother grew to be 6' tall)well thats how we started out being dwarfs.no room in the womb of the mother for the infant to grow normal.
My mother grew up and had 2 major back surgeries,and woulda had more But she was taken from us early from a abusive boyfriend.

when I was 11-12 I started having leg problems.pains and spasms wich led to my 1st surgery on my back At the age of 13.I wound up with my 1st set of rods...they fused L-1 to L-5after that life was pretty normal(for a 4 ft person)no pain I worked of and on as a mechanic till the age of 31 when it all went down hill(not bad though I got 20 years outta that 1st set)well one day I had my 4 year old in my lap and I fell backwards and had the pain and crunch in my back.as soon as it happened I knew it wasnt good.4 months later I had lost most use of my legs.Then I met Dr _________the same office that did my 1st surgery.He found out I had severe spinal stenosis and that where the rods ended and the bone began,was the place i had broken.so he performed a 9 hr surgery removing my old rods(wich he yelled at me later cuase the were very badly bent cuase of me)and put new rods up to t-8 or 9 .
well the surgery went good after 6 months of rehab and physical therapy I was back on my feet.and he said these should last 10 years.......well last year I heard a fimalar sound in my back.....(only 4 years later)but this time it took me much longer to find help.My 1st Dr i went to was my primary Dr..Dr ______ He put in my folder that i was fakin and only doin it for meds!!!(here I am with 3 lbs of titanium in my back,but Im fakin it....uggghhh I was so mad!!But finally a year later I have found Dr ___________ outta las vegas.He saw clearly in my milogram that L-4 and L-5 are completly shattered and the only thing holden it together is my back tendon wich is why im in so much pain...(4green vicodens and 2 morphine pills everyday for a year now....
Well any ways he is gonna perform surgery on me and is gonna go threw my belly 1st to put some block thing on my spine then flip me over and take out all the hardware and replace it with longer hardware so that my whole back will be fused!!!
well thats all for now!! sorry if this is messy Ive never typed all this before!!!Take care

Sorry Ric - Post has been edited by Moderators. It is against forum rules to name specific doctors, clinics, hosptials, or any treatment facility.

This discussion has been closed.