Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Everyone New member

TERRYTAGTTERRYTAG Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi My Name is Terry(no im a girl Lol ) Im 51 I live in Central Ca married and have grown children and a 12 yr old one thats kinda having issues with me being sick.2 Yrs ago i thought i had a stroke had all the signs but no NO stroke I have been to dr to dr test after test they kept telling me nothing is wrong..B...S... I knew something was wrong finally made it to UCSF and a DR Ames who did find whats wrong with me T-2 T-3 are herniated and INTO my spinal cord so now my cord is hernating and coming aprt all types of neuro stuff happining,left work left friday crying going out on disability and probley wont get to ever return..The dr wants to do a t2 thru t5 fussion ans try to untether the cord he said i will 100% of going paralyzedif i dont get the surgery or if i get the surgery 50% of waking up paralized. Im also dealing with possible thyroid cancer and go to sugeon next week,,,been at the heart dr cause now they here a mumer..i am falling apart fast in such pain everyday and on heavy duty pain meds that really dont even help but better then nothing,,So now Im waiting for the Dr At Ucsf to read a ct mgram i had done last March somehow he missed that scan and ordered another one i said oh no i already had that god awful test and so now he has to review that..Just wait and wait wait ovr 2 yrs im getting so depressed but lucky im on Celexa or i wd go around crying all the time..Tnx all for listning i really need a support group now more then ever....Terry
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by!! :D we are here for every crying moment if you need us.. :''( so sorry you have been suffering for so long.. perhaps now, you will start to get something done!!! =D> good luck and stop by anytime! :D Jenny :)
  • im sorry you are going through all this, im sure you will get lots of support on here, keep your chin up girl :D
  • welcome TO spine health .you will find a nice collection of like minded people here
    STRAKER
  • just want you to know i am wishing you luck on fixing the troubles you are having. 50/50 may look frightening to you. there are some here who have been told by surgeon that he will not operate. look at it this way...there a good chance of a solid stable outcome. keep your hopes up and know we are here anytime you need support.... >:D<
  • Hello, I'm new here as well! I'm so sorry that you are going through this, but if if anyone understands your pain, it's us. I am 1 week post op of a discectomy/laminectomy, and awaiting a spinal fusion surgery. It's very intimidating, but worth it, if it's going to take the pain away. (((Big Hugs))))) and I will you the best!
advertisement