Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

country

gwennie17gwennie17 Posts: 2,912
I wondered if there is some reason why we don't have our country of residence under our screen name? --nothing more specific...just USA or England, or Canada....

Since the countries have very different health care systems, at least for now...it would save a lot of confusion and telling someone from the UK to "get a second or third or fourth opinion" when, in reality, that would not be a viable option for that particular person.

It is completely necessary, but I think it would save a lot of time and allow us to cut to the chase, so to speak, if we knew right away where the poster resided.

Just wondering....

Gwennie
advertisement

Comments

• That would be nice to know the person's country so that we can better understand their situation. Of course it depends if the poster is comfortable with that. Most of the time we can pick up where they are from or they'll add it to their sig line.

It feels great to chat with people from all parts of the world and it makes it more interesting. No wonder SH is so popular
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,040
    The developers are looking to expand the members profile, so that would be a perfect spot for it.
    Not to beat a dead horse, but with Punbb, there was an option to display the member's home flag on their posts. I modified it to also to display a person's State .....
    But that was PunBB (old Spine-Health site) and Drupal is driving the current site
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I just love to read the posts from people in other countries. It is very informative at least for me.
    we can learn about how their system works and how they deal with these situations. We can learn a lot from how their treatments are working versus ours. It would be very nice to list our country if possible.