Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have a dream.

JohnJJohn Posts: 964
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Matters of the Heart
I have a dream.

I was touched by the revelation of the things and activities we all stop doing because of the pain and thought we should share our ideas, of what we would like to do, on our PM we discussed what everyone would like to do, we all went bowling, it was a social occasion most had not been out after sunset let alone in a group, it was fun and reminded me of the person I was and how I had missed all this.

I know my wife would like to go dancing walking or going to see a movie, all the things we never do now.

If you were used to riding a pony bare-back while juggling fire and a rose between you teeth, you may have to give that one a miss, come on be creative, this is about you, what is your dream ?

I am going to see a movie must be 10 years, if I fall asleep again just nudge me.

Wish us all well.

John ;)

• I hop on that plane that takes me back to the Caribbean. First thing I do, is to jump into the Caribbean aqua blue water, so warm and so easy to float in with all that salt. Then go for a long walk down the beach with my feet always in the water. After this long leisurely walk, another dip in the water and then settle down to my lounge chair, book to read, Pina Colada to sip on. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................

LOL! What fun!

• And I live with what I have.

I plan to go out, I expect to go, I take my time and rest, and in the end, I go regardless of how I feel, cause I know in my mind that I need to give my head a break. The distraction of going out will usually over power the pain I have to a point where I don't notice it so much. That lessening is feeling like I am pain-free in comparison to what I live with each day.

I go out to dinner, a movie, or just a coffee, or to a night club, or just out with friends and try to be normal. I try to leave the disease home. Most of the time, that can happen although, watching me at 48, hobbling around on a cane, is a reality check that some of my friends who are younger and older may be uncomfortable in facing. But I keep my attitude up and enjoy life for the smiles I can have and the smiles I can give.

Hope your doing well today!
  • I miss playing drums, even if it's just practicing along with the radio/albums/cassettes. Of course, there's nothing like playing with other musicians and getting into the zone/pocket!

I'm glad my 2 kids are grown up but I miss the days of taking them to the beach, day drive trips up to the coast of Maine (Heaven on Earth IMHO), playing baseball & other things I could do with them when they were younger. I'd love to be able to umpire a LL game again! Heck, I'd love to be able to SIT through a LL game, those aluminum benches are killers though!

My dream? To win the lottery big time, startup a 'spiney free relax compound' in Maine and have ya'll come up fer a week at a time and breath the ocean air and sit back and relax - there will be mandatory gun & bow target practice and drum/guitar lessons though if you can play keys or another instrument, you'll have to teach ME!