Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some answers

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in New Member Introductions
I recently went to the doctor for pain in my left kidney area and front abdominal area. After a ct scan the only thing that the radiologist discovered was a degenerative disk. I am not sure if anyone out there has had similar symptoms or would know if a degenerative disk problem would cause pain in those areas or not? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• i have had pain in that area and i have back issues. i dont have kidney trouble. i imagine the pain is from the back. the fact that a bad disk was diagnosed pretty much confirms the origin of the pain....hope you get relief...pete
  • Thank you Pete! I haven't been able to discuss the diagnosis with my doctor as of yet... will see her again on Monday to go over the results of the ct scan. I was just trying to confirm that the pain that I am having could indeed be a direct cause of a disk problem. Thank you again for your response
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am happy you were able to get a correct diagnosis. =D> good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon. :D Jenny :)
  • Thank you for your welcome Jenny. I am not sure if it is a correct diagnosis at all really. I am afraid that there is more going on than just the disk problem. The pains I am having I don't believe are realated to a degenerative disk. However, the ct scans did not show anything wrong with my kidney or abdomen. I will be going back to my doctor on Monday to discuss the results, however, I may need to get a second opinion. Any suggestions or guidance will be welcomed. Thank you agian!
  • one thing to find out would be the level of the spine that has the bad disk. we can then check to see what part of the body the nerves in that area control.
  • Welcome to SH :H Your doctor needs to give you a full evaluation and send you in for tests so that he can reach a conclusive diagnosis. He also needs to rule out other conditions which can mimic similar symptoms. I hope they get you feeling better. Take care O:)
advertisement