Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

newbie,and worried

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
hello everyone.im 42 yr fm,and started haveing chronic pain in low back 11 yrs ago.i am now having pains in hips and runs into front groin along with knees,shoulders and neck and feet.i go to the ortho friday and am just worried on what they will find...thankful but worried.have been on b-12 injections weekly for 2 yrs just to keep me going and the pain...well ibuprofin stopped working,so they put me on mobic .im just ahppy to see a forum as this one ...thanks.

• welcome...boy youve had trouble for a long time...so friday is the date with dr. is he a spinal surgeon? have you had any recent tests? have you had any physical therapy...let us know what the dr says and we'd be happy to share some thoughts.....pete
  • what do you recomend for L4 L5 and C1 pain,that couses pain right down to my feet and stops me from walking?any advise will be welcme
  • i take it youve had tests as you know where the trouble is in your spine. anything that affects you like that needs immediate attention. the best person to analyze your tests is a spinal surgeon. he can advise you as to whether you might need surgery or whether conservative treatment like physical therapy or injections for pain would be more appropriate. when the surgeon examines your tests he will see exactly how much pressure is on the nerves. the fact youve had trouble so long means its not getting better on its own. long term nerve pressure or irritation can cause permanent damage so quick analysis is important...please keep us informed regarding surgeons suggestions....best to you...pete
  • holy cow...thats alot of stuff.and your still smiling in your pics.thats a awsome outlook to have.um i had a mri 5 yrs ago that showed disk degeneration...which is normal..but with my hips..i let it go for a year..its to the point where i cant lay on it or even on stomache.and when i stand..well i can only say imagine standing on 2 sprained ankels..lol.thats what my hips feel like.and knees .i am not sure what i am going to go through fri.this is new to me.im sure some testing uhggg....i will post when i get home fri...appt at 9:15 am.thanks pete.holey cow..6 spine and neck....you think when we were born we had a trick played on us all? ;)
  • yes on therapy 3 times...and chiropractic.i live in indiana..i was sent to bloomington bone and joint.yes they do spine neck hip surgery...dont wanna think bout that .
  • i got some good years in before back collapsed so i'm not complaining!!!
    since youre going to be apprehensive and stuff is going to go in one ear and out the other take notes. ask about risks for any recommended procedure. also success rates. also ask about any dangers in just doing nothing...when you get back to us there are plenty of people who can tell you about their experiences with any recommendations they might have...best of luck mjfive
  • i was really surprised that my low back and hips were good.never imagined they were.but now looking into the ra factor test..geezzzz.lol.either way im sure i will be skeptical and worry.i will not let anything go in one ear and out the other-if anything its gonna get stuck inbetween the ears and cause a head spin haha.thanks pete.....will update ya on the test.and how are you feeling?
This discussion has been closed.