Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

laminectomy last week

doofddoof Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hello fellow stenosis sufferers,

I had my second laminectomy at l5-S1 last week, in fact it was a week ago to the day!

So far so good, I came out of hospital on Sunday evening, I had to stay in a couple of extra days because I was very giddy/dizzy and had low blood pressure. However, the op itself went very well. He had to remove some of the facet joint and also part of the nerve canal to the left of the spine, the previous work was done to the right of the spine.

I'm walking with no problem and the mix of Tramadol and Paracetemol seems to be keeping the pain away.

Good luck to all those about to have surgery, I hope yours goes as well as mine has - it's early days yet but I've been there and done this before (sadly)!

I'll try to get on alot more over the next few weeks.