Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here I go again...about to be 4 in a year

candle99ccandle99 Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I got the news yesterday that I need another surgery on my neck for C4/5. I had an ALIF L4/5 last July, then a revision PLIF L3-L5 in December, an ACDF C5/6 on June 15th, now I need another ACDF for C4/5. My surgeon says my C5/6 looks completely fused, but he'll take out that plate and put one to cover C4 thru C6. My C6/7 is almost self-fused by itself so he doesn't want to mess with it. He said there was almost no disc and several spurs that were growing between but no nerves in the way there. My C4/5 herniated to the left side and is pinching off my nerve roots on that side. That's what's been killing me on my left side of my neck and down my arm....the big toothache. So now I'm waiting for the scheduling lady to call me to set up the surgery date. I had to sit down and just bawl yesterday afternoon for awhile to get it out. I'm so tired of hurting. When it rains, it pours in my life. My dryer went out yesterday, my microwave two weeks ago, and our golf cart too. My husband was fired last month. So wow, I should be happy that we have some money in the bank and I'm getting to work some from home as I can. My husband did get unemployment this week though, since his firing wasn't his fault.

I know you guys all have the same and other problems and I'm sorry to sing the "poor me" song. Just had to share and commeserate. It helps me to tell someone and you guys are it. I'm scared that this last surgery isn't going to be it for awhile for me. I feel like I'm falling apart. Just wish things could spread themselves out by a few years. :)

Melisa aka candle99
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry you're having to go through all this! And don't worry about the "poor me" song, we all need to sing it once in a while, and what better place than where folks know exactly what you're talking about?

I do hope things start looking up for you soon!
  • I'm no expert by any means, just having had my first back surgery, but maybe it is better to get it all over with at once, so you can enjoy the rest of your life pain-free. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be, and hope it goes well for you and that you will be done after that! Everyone here will be cheering for you!
  • I'm with Kat - it's perfectly ok to post here when you're down, need to vent and need the support of your spiney friends. That's why we're here!

I'm so sorry that you're having to do this again. It doesn't seem fair, I know.

Take care of yourself and we're here for you. We can't make it go away, but we can share it with you. Any one of us would press that magic button to make you feel better if we could.

Cath
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I am so sorry that you have to have another surgery,being a multiple surgery person myself there is no worse words then another surgery needed. Physically, mentally and financially it is so draining. Hopefully this will be it for you and it takes away your pain. Cathy was right when she says it doesnt seem fair. You are in my prayers. Hang in there.
    Susan
  • You probably needed to have a good cry, life is really testing you to the max. Thank goodness you are the strong person you are.I'M not religious but there is a scripture that goes something about not being put through anything you can't handle. I used to think Enough I can't take anymore, then something else would happen and somehow the strength seems to appear.It's so great that we can vent here and know that people understand and send every good wish and hugs your way. Sorry if this is a bit jumbled-not long had my "fuzzy" pills. Wish I had a magic wand, but I send you the biggest gentlest hug n' Loves - Paula
  • You just go ahead and sing the poor me song all you want to. We all know the misery of spinal surgery and to have to have four in a year is just miserable! I hope this will be it for a while. I need another surgery at the end of the year but, while it will be correcting a painful problem, it will also be partially cosmetic. I had to have my discs taken out through my abdomen and the scar is horrible -- puckered, keloided, and painful. A plastic surgeon will be removing it, but will be giving me a tummy tuck at the same time, so I get to have a nice flat stomach when I'm done. Since I had weight loss surgery two years ago, this will be really nice. I'm just hoping the resulting scars are no where near as painful as this one is -- it just spasms any time it feels like it.

I pray this surgery will be the one that ends the terrible pain you find yourself in. Come on in here any time and complain. We all understand where you're coming from.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
advertisement