Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Chronic Pain
;) Hi everyone ESI is done!!!Thank everyone for the support , this morning i was so nervous i bet i went to the restroom a 1000 times lol, he numbed me with lidocaine and really i didnt feel much..Tonight my pain is really bad and meds arent doing much but he said that is to be expected..the doctor was really great he said my heart rate was up and my blood pressure due to being scared and that was after a 10 mg valium and loratab 10 i was still scared.everyone on here that replied back gave me the courage to go other wise i dont think i could have, cross your fingers that this brings relief!

• Put some ice on your back. I found using my cane around the house helped a bit. I hope it works for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks I will get mine out and also try some ice, gotta work tommorow dont know how i will sit all day..yikes
  • Good for you girl!! =D> I am so happy for you that it is over with.
    Now grab that bag of frozen peas or frozen corn and ice away, It really helped me after my implant.
    Will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out great for you.
    Please keep us updated coz we care.
    Sending you one of my cures for every thing....a hug.... >:D<
    Patsy W
  • Thank you so much for the support, I posted a update on my esi , it seems to have made my pain worse..
  • KENTUCKYGIRL65 said:
    Thanks I will get mine out and also try some ice, gotta work tommorow dont know how i will sit all day..yikes
    I am sorry you have to work tomorrow-any chance you can take a day off and rest? If not maybe taking two small pillows one for your low back and one to sit on moving towards your knees to keep weight off of your tail bone. Stand uop from time to time to relieve pressure and even if just a few feet walk back and forth to the chair just to get a little circulation and again to take pressure off your back. Good luck, I hope it helps you. Also try to use breaks to ice your back if you have a place to store a clod pack or even a Ziploc baggie with chipped ice for malleability and wrap it in a dry thin towel, like a dish towel or a hand towel or a washcloth. Or like Pat said frozen peas..they will at least not drip but still the cover it with some sort of cloth even a paper towel so it's not directly on the skin. Also remember the rule of 15 minutes on at a time

This discussion has been closed.