Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Second operation/new procedure

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
I had a lower back operation about 7 years ago. It was not totally successful. I have had continious pain with right leg numbness. The pain is not bad enough to require medication but does keep me much more non-active than I would prefer. Upon completion of my operation my neurosurgen made a comment while reviewing my post op MRI that disturbed me. He actually said, " Hmmm, I must have missed that. Well, you can't get it all". This was in reference to the herniated disk. He then went into a discussion of possible further exploritory surgery. Nothing was done but brings me to the present with my question. I noticed a new procedure called AXIALIF in todays local newspaper. I called and made an appointment with the Orthapedic surgen to see if I might be a candidate to get my lower back somewhat reversed and back to a better condition. Any comments on this. I am a bit gun shy on getting back on the table.

• I've had a herniated disk since about 1984, I've been to Doctors, Chiropractors, and Physical Therapists, but nothing has changed over the years certain people suggested that I should get surgery but I said I will never consider back sugery because the surgery will probably make it worse, I have never heard of AXIALIF before but you should do a ton of research before you decide whether or not you want to get this procedure done.
  • Welcome! I am new to here as well. I've never heard of that procedure, but would be interested in hearing more about it. Hopefully someone on here has had some experince with this one. I am 1 week post op of a discectomy/laminectomy and I definitely share and understand your pain.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have alot of homework to do before you get into anymore surgery.. :? getting more than one opinion is always a necessity!! :-C please have all your questions answered. maybe there are conservative measures to help first? :? good luck! :D Jenny :)
  • Just type into google the letters AXIALIF along with back surgery and lots of information pops up