Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 days to go

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
have 2 days to go, surgery monday 7:45 am have to be ther at 5:45 am , why so early, already registerd, first surgery where I will be staying in hospital, other surgery's were same day things. getting very nervious, suppose it's normal. :SS

• What type of surgery are you having? It seems that you always have to hurry up and wait. I wish you the best and wait to hear that you are home and doing well.
  • having spinal fusion at s-1 l-5, for spondlolisthesis
  • I had to be there early as well and then waited for surgery time. But I was glad to get there and know in a few hours the worst would be over!

Good luck to you! Hopefully, before you know it you will feel much better!

• ALIF L5/S1 on Monday too. I have to be there at 6.15am, but i'm in Australia, so i'm guessing i'll be a bit ahead of you.

All the best for Monday and may we come out the other side feeling everything we should be and not feeling anything we don't want to feel. (does that make sense :) )
  • I would wish you both luck but that's not what you need. All you need are good surgeons (mechanics) and a belief that you are in the right hands!

Do well and recover quickly. I am less than 3-weeks postop and if there were no restrictions put on me I would be very active already!
  • I wish you both well and a smooth recovery. Listen to your body and your Doctor. I will be having L4-S1 fusion in the near future and would like to know how you do, please keep us posted, this is a great site for support and help.
  • Hi. I just wanted to send my well wishes to you both and to anyone else having their surgeries soon.

Keep a supply of good books and the TV remote handy! Please keep us all posted on your recoveries.

• They always want you there early so they can check you out thoroughly and make sure you are ready for surgery. They even required me to give a urine sample so they could make sure I wasn't pregnant! I was 54 years old at time of surgery for goodness sakes, and I had a hysterectomy years ago! Anyway, if you find yourself overly-anxious when you get there, ask them to give you something to help you relax. You may get a little nap in before surgery.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • No need to woory about the time you go in. That is very normal. Although I have not had any spinal surgery yet, I have had many surgeries is my past (13). It is protocol, they get you ready, and khumph is correct, good luck is not right, if you trust your surgeon, the rest is just up to him.
    Isteller is also correct, if you are very nerviour, they may give you something to calm your nerves and you might get a nap before surgery.
    My last surgery, I was so tired, I fell asleep all by myself, even though I was nervious. I was just too tired, and it was quiet where they put me to wait. They gave me an extra blanket, and I was out. Till they were moving me waking me up & telling me it was time to have my surgery, I said hi to my Doctor then was put to sleep. LOL
    Everything went fine. As I knew it would. I had great faith in him as a surgeon. When it is done Follow Drs orders,I can not stress this enough. Follow doctors orders, follow doctors orders. Ask him on post op visit what you can do to speed your recovery, like taking b vitimins & aint-oxidentents or something. What would be the best foods to eat.(might want to ask that in hospital)
    Keep us posted on how well you are healing. ttyl tc tty soon. You'll be fine, this is what the surgeons do. They do it alot too. No worrys. ;-);-);-);-)
  • Come back in chat to ask about tricks ppl have for getting in & out of bed easier. & other little tricks that may be of help to you. ;-)