Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

About time

LeftbackLLeftback Posts: 404
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Yesterday I had my 10 month check up with x-rays. The good news is I am finally beginning to show real signs of fusion! :) Yahoo! The dr. was pleased when he looked over the x-rays and it sure made me feel better to actually be able to see the signs of fusion too. The right side still shows more than the left side but at least there is progress! The dr. told me to keep doing what I'm doing and he hopes by my next visit(3 months)that the x-rays will reveal enough progress he can feel confident enough to release me from so many restrictions and office visits! There is light ahead!

Thanks for the constant moral support. I have felt better knowing I have someplace to come to every day to share and compare the daily stuggles, all the physical, mental and emotional ups and downs that go with this journey we all have in common and know too well.

Have a good week end with little pain and much happiness!

• the fusion keeps coming...that's great newws.....pete
  • Keep on fusing! Congrats on your good doctor visit!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    That's great news. I can't imagine how relieved you must be to be seeing the improvement. I hope that you are completely fused by the next dr appt. Take care and keep it up. You must be doing something right.

Have a nice weekend.
  • i have not seen your other posts, what part of you was fused ? i am waiting for fusion at L4/L5 although originally they thought it would be L5/L1
    great to hear that you can actually see the difference now, keep up the good work B)
  • Thanks Pete, Diane, Debbie and Shirley. I feel better just knowing that my dr. was pleased this time around. I have made progress gaining strength and mobility each month for which I am thankful for but the signs of fusion have been slow to show so now I have more faith.

Shirley, I had L-2/3/4 fused Oct.16th. Just so you know I would it again if I had to. It takes time to heal so be as patient as possible. I wish you a successful fusion with pain free days ahead!

• Great news Kathy!

Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress - it gives positive hope to others :)
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I am very happy for you =D> . Keep up the good work.

god bless,
  • Glad to hear you are progressing, and dont regret the surgery. Just curious, what kind of restrictions you are still on. Can you be released to work prior to showing signs of fusing? Has anyone been released to work prior to fusing? I am trying to see what may lie ahead for me, I am scheduled for a l4-l5 and l5-s1 fusion with spacers/grafts/pedicle screws and rods in 11 days. :SS :-SS :nailbite: Please keep us posted on your progress/ restrictions.