Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Chronic Pain
hi everyone in back/neck pain world i was just wondering how do you past the time in the day and nighttime for all of you that like me cant sleep well?.what do you do with your time ?

• I'm a fan of playing games online and I love watching the science fiction channel and movies. I honestly don't know how I had time to work! Sometimes I go for a walk but most of the time stay in and try to do some excercise. Music is a good distraction also. What do you do with your time Sraker? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I sleep very short periods of time then I'm up in pain. I listen to internet radio programs, I have a shortwave that can be very interesting. I read news and watch highlights of the news programs. I check out some c-span. I have 3 little dogs who would perfectly happy if I did nothing but pay attention to them. I write some if I can as I find the act of writing hard now and have some vision problems so I have to keep most of my activities to not needing close concentration with eyes. I used to love to read, now I find the computer a help because I can make the type very big. Mostly I'm up, down, scooting around.
  • Since you said you like(d) to read, as an alternative have you ever listened to books on CD's? I get them from my library, and listen to them while I'm driving at work. I got my husband hooked on them too, and when he became bedridden and the tumors in his brain caused his eyes to fail, he still enjoyed listening to them. After I get home after work, 11:30 pm tonight, I log on, check news and e-mail, then come to this website and see how everyone is doing. Then, for hours at a time, I play Cribbage and Backgammon against my computer. I used to play crib on-line, but it got so no-one would play with me. I am incredibly lucky at cards. Amazing we can get by on so little sleep :))( . I used to sleep 9-10 hrs a night, and now am lucky to get 5-6. Oh well. Looking forward to retirement in 4 more years, if I can stand working that long. Maybe I can win the lottery and quit =))

Take care
  • ON a good day {very rare}
    swim/walk dog/wash car/do the ironing{still in pain but full of pain killers}
    most days.{the norm}
    wake at 3am in pain
    sleeping in recliner until 11am
    more pain killers
    back on recliner watch TV
    wait for Kath to return from work
    eat tea on recliner
    take more pain killers
    go to bed
    wake at 3 am
    and the day starts again
    why do i have good days then.....i don't !!
    i just force myself full of pain killers to do something.then i am in too much pain to do anything else for days..i have tried doing something small every day but most days i feel too ill to do even that....grim !or what!!
  • On good days, I get up and walk. If it is night, I may go walking the driveway, until things calm down some - or I start to get tired again.

I also grab a meditation tape and put on my headphones and just chill out. It is quiet enough to not wake my Sweetheart.

Music is my friend too.

Reading is fine, but as the pain increases I lose concentration. There are times I just lose it! Have to retreat into my head.
This discussion has been closed.