Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please advise on workmans comp, and own insurance

in painiin pain Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi,I am asking this on behalf of my girlfriend who hurt her back at work in dec. 07. Well workmans comp. has dragged its feet so long thatthis is where things stand. After 3 facet injections, they said they would do medial branch blocks until the day before the procedure, they denied it. Said it may take 5 to 8 wks before they say yay or nay. My question is will her insurance through work cover any claims on her back. shr said that they probably would not, because they said it is preexisting. how can it be preexisting when she didn't have this problem when she started with the company. Is it lawyer time to try and speed up the process? thanks so much for reading this. hope somone can advise!!


  • After my dealing with WC, I would say it is time for a Lawyer. She should find one that deals with WC, they know what the laws are in your state. I had to have one to get my case settled. The good part was that our company was small and did not have a list of doctors to see so I was able to go to who I wanted. Made my treatment much easier. Hope that all goes well.
  • You can ask the work comp carrier for a letter that the are denying her medical care. In every medical record I have ever filled out it ask if this is work related injury. You never want to answer no on that question. However with the letter in hand she is free to use her insurance. Although it may ultimately be the responsibility of work comp this will get her the medical attention she needs. But don't use your insurance without a letter in hand. If work comp is refusing her treatment then by all means get some legal advice. My experience is as soon as the attorney was hired all the game playing stopped. Good luck.
Sign In or Register to comment.