Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

question please help

shirleysshirley Posts: 201
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spinal Injections
does anyone know if after a discogram, does the body re-absorb the contrast dye or do they drain it off after they have taken pics ? i felt really awful after having it but day 2 felt pretty good, weird, now as the days go by i am getting the old pain back plus some more. feels like my disc is going back to original height after being re-inflated ? never thought to ask the doc.
any thoughts would be good :?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    but I've been told about other tests:

Ultrasound with contrast

That any of the 'material' used is absorbed into the body without any problems. Even with some of the GI tests, the liquids you take are eventually absorbed into your system.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • maybe the extra pain im having is just because of the needle insertion ? hopefully this will wear off soon, been a week since i had it done, can barely lift my right leg, sends pain across my lower lumbar from right to left and pain down front of left leg, never had this before discogram
  • Shirley, you can be in pain from a discogram for up to 2 weeks. Mine was just last month and it was about day 10 or so that I started to feel better. Give yourself time to recover from this very invasive and painful test.